300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
    It's just tough to get out of that confort zone that works for you. And it makes it hard to change what works for you even if you're told you're doing it wrong eventhough it works.

They are great instructors down there, but sometimes egos run a little high. I will say that it depends on who you get. My instructors in both CITP and BDUSM were all great. If you shot well they left you alone. But there is always that select few who want it done their way.
    Manstown,

Excellent points. I respect that a LOT of studies go into why people should shoot a specific way;even if in a realistic live fire incident, people are NOT going to stand square and a slight front lean; however, I do appreciate that FLETC is FINALLY teaching candidates how to shoot with both eyes open.
    Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Napman20, good luck on your fit test!!! Dress warm, it's going to be cold up here in NY, Burrrrrrrrrrrr. Did the Marshal you spoke with say if they are trying to get you to FLETC for a certain class? Good luck again, run like Forrest Gump!
      Last edited by kraemski; 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM. Reason: typo!

Comment

• It definitely seems as though I've found myself on a slower track than most on here. I don't have my medical until the 26th and have not heard anything from a background investigator yet. I know everyone moves at different paces for different reasons, it just makes me eager when I read about people already taking the FIT test and I have not done anything except the e-qip.

Comment

• Deleted Post
          Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by napman20 View Post
            He was an older marshal (25+ years on). He was nice and let me ask him a bunch of questions.

He wasn't to versed on the hiring process, but he did "think" that the fit test was the last step before a final job offer.

I am just a little confused... I have not yet met with a investigator for the marshals. I just met with an investigator contracted by opm for DEA.

I can only think of a few reasons why this could be:

1. They excepted my DOD sercet clearance

2. I am going through the DEA and ATF process' as well. Maybe OPM is doing one BI for all these agencies?

I think option 2 is highly unlikely because the federal governement is NOT EVEN CLOSE to that efficient.
            Napman,

If you are being investigated by OPM for the ATF, DEA, FBI and/or any other position which requires t/s clearance; then the U.S. Marshals will just simply carry over your TS. Unless your clearance is more than one (1) year old, OPM will just simply take that and run a few checks to ensure nothing has changed since (i.e. credit check, criminal background ect...).

OPM checks the system to ensure you do not already have an existing clearance and open investigation (that way they won't complete more than one investigation back to back).

Either way, count your blessings, because if you've completed your physical, the next call/e-mail will definitely be the final offer :-) You were processed REALLY fast and that is a good thing. I'm not sure where you requested to work, but I'm sure wherever you selected needs people.
            Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fduflyer View Post
              It definitely seems as though I've found myself on a slower track than most on here. I don't have my medical until the 26th and have not heard anything from a background investigator yet. I know everyone moves at different paces for different reasons, it just makes me eager when I read about people already taking the FIT test and I have not done anything except the e-qip.
              Fduflyer,

Don't sweat it, brother.

Comment

• A Marshal contacted me friday around 4 to schedule my FIT test. I will be testing at 9AM on Wed. Luckly the entire test is done indoors even the running. best. i have a feeling we are going to be at FLETC sooner than we originally planned. a friend who is in the know told me that final offers will sent within weeks. he also said that you could be on the road to georgia within 2 or 3 weeks of the fit test. that would be crazy. that could put us in glynco by the first week of february.

i chose western pa eastern pa, and souther ny. i hope i dont get SNY. gonna be tough to survive there on our salaries.

Comment

• I believe that the next Academy starts mid-february (17th if I remmeber correctly), it's posted on here in a couple places. So I'd imagine that they'll start filling the class roster soon. Well, at least I hope they do!
                  Originally posted by BigDal View Post
                  A Marshal contacted me friday around 4 to schedule my FIT test. I will be testing at 9AM on Wed. Luckly the entire test is done indoors even the running. best. i have a feeling we are going to be at FLETC sooner than we originally planned. a friend who is in the know told me that final offers will sent within weeks. he also said that you could be on the road to georgia within 2 or 3 weeks of the fit test. that would be crazy. that could put us in glynco by the first week of february.

i chose western pa eastern pa, and souther ny. i hope i dont get SNY. gonna be tough to survive there on our salaries.
                  Mur-land

Comment

• Deleted Post
                    Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone who has not been through a B.I. with another agency recieved a FIT test date?
                      USMS FCIP Region 1

Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                      Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                      T.O.: 12/04/09
                      E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                      Medical 1: 12/14/09
                      Medical 2: 12/15/09
                      B.I.: 12/29/09
                      Drug Test: 1/29/10
                      Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                      B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by HardCharger5233 View Post
                        I believe that the next Academy starts mid-february (17th if I remmeber correctly), it's posted on here in a couple places. So I'd imagine that they'll start filling the class roster soon. Well, at least I hope they do!
                        I got my sea-bag ready, LoL.

Comment

Thanks buddy...

I live in the Albany, NY area. I can't remember my exact choices. I know number one was Central NY (or albany, NY) and then prob eastern, ny. and you can pretty much draw a bullseye around albany for where I want to end up.

The thing that is interesting about my BI is no agency has completed one yet. ATF and DEA are conducting them, but they are not finished. And I never met with a Marshals BI, so that's why I thought they just accepted my Army Secret clearance.

I guess we'll see... I just took a job at a local PD on 27 DEC and I am due to start the academy in 20 JAN. I am not sure if I would leave my current PD for the marshals. I would definately leave it for DEA though, that's just my personel preferance.

Best of luck to you and everyone else. I do my fit test monday after work!
                          Napman,

I would leave any local agency for ANY Federal LE position (no disrespect to any locals out there; in my humble opinion the level of professionalism is far different from Local to Federal).
                          Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Deleted Post
                            Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks buddy...

I live in the Albany, NY area. I can't remember my exact choices. I know number one was Central NY (or albany, NY) and then prob eastern, ny. and you can pretty much draw a bullseye around albany for where I want to end up.

The thing that is interesting about my BI is no agency has completed one yet. ATF and DEA are conducting them, but they are not finished. And I never met with a Marshals BI, so that's why I thought they just accepted my Army Secret clearance.

I guess we'll see... I just took a job at a local PD on 27 DEC and I am due to start the academy in 20 JAN. I am not sure if I would leave my current PD for the marshals. I would definately leave it for DEA though, that's just my personel preferance.

Best of luck to you and everyone else. I do my fit test monday after work!

The drawback with Marshals and I can see your point, is that you have to wait three years for your 1811. Also, the first couple of years you are not going to get to do the exciting stuff, which probably was the reason you were attracted to the job.

I believe the DEA, like most of the big 1811 positions, you promote non-competitively up to a 13.

I would def, go with the Marshals over a local PD though. Depending on the size of the PD, advancement to specialty fields will be limited. If you join a force of 30 police officers, you may retire and never make Detective or even Sargeant.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdparmel View Post
                                The drawback with Marshals and I can see your point, is that you have to wait three years for your 1811. Also, the first couple of years you are not going to get to do the exciting stuff, which probably was the reason you were attracted to the job.

I believe the DEA, like most of the big 1811 positions, you promote non-competitively up to a 13.

I would def, go with the Marshals over a local PD though. Depending on the size of the PD, advancement to specialty fields will be limited. If you join a force of 30 police officers, you may retire and never make Detective or even Sargeant.
                                Tdparmel,

The 1st three (3) years will probably be boring ones; however, much like anything else worth it, the wait is inevitable.

The FCIP program of course is a little scary for some (not knowing if they will become permanent), but then, again, I'm sure if we all work hard that will NEVER be a problem. Show up to work on time, don't call out and score well on the annual fit test, pull your weight and interact well with others, and your permanent position will be almost guaranteed, I would assume.
                                Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-29-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14279 users online. 431 members and 13848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X