300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
    Still carrying a glock. Doubt that will change for a while. Carried a SIG with my last job and hated the damn hip cannon!
    To quote one of the Marshals at the info session, don't worry too much about it since for the first few years it will be locked up. No guns allowed in the cell block

But just wondering are you issued a back up as well?

Comment

• Hit the nail on the head there! Any backups you want you have to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by uofmgrad06 View Post
        I know some of the agencies have switched over to SIG. Does anyone know if this is true with the Marshals or are they still carrying the Glock?
        Though I am a 1911 man myself, Glocks make you a more proficient shooter because of the slack in the trigger. Just like PT, I am ALWAYS at the range.
        Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Deleted Post
          Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• They probably went off of your DoD clearance. The only time they contacted me about my clearance is to tell me it was about to start. When I told them I had just signed the paperwork that morning for my TS they asked if I could fax it in. Next call was an hour later to tell me my BI was finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by napman20 View Post
              Just got a call for my FIT test. It needs to be done in the next 5 days.

Does anyone know if they always do the hiring in sequence?

I am going through a BI for DEA but I haven't been contacted by a BI for USMS?

Maybe they accepted my DOD Secret Clearance?
              Wow, that is quick, i wasnt expecting people to start getting calls for the FIT for at least another month or so.

Comment

• Deleted Post
                Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• 1stforce: I would take you up on that offer if I didn't live in Detroit, I'm about to purchase a Glock 22 just to get accustomed to shooting a hand gun. I'm familiar with mostly rifles and shotguns. They have good deals at Gander Mountain on used law enforcement guns.

Wow! Fit test already, good news. I just started a new job on the 4th and fletc couldn't get here soon enough. My BI's said they would not be contacting the new employer just because it wasn't on the initial paper work, and when I met with them I haven't started it yet.
                  USMS FCIP Region 1

Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                  Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                  T.O.: 12/04/09
                  E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                  Medical 1: 12/14/09
                  Medical 2: 12/15/09
                  B.I.: 12/29/09
                  Drug Test: 1/29/10
                  Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                  B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Just a couple suggestions about buying a gun. First, don't do it......when you get to the academy you will get some of the best training as far as firearms. If you go to the range now you will develop bad habits that will be hard for you to break when you get there. Trust me, these guys are good. I've seen people who didn't deserve to look at a gun let alone hold one when we first hit the ranges. By the time they graduated these people were shooting well over the qual score. And if you do start and find a way that works for you, they will change it because they want you to do it their way. "Their way or the highway" kind of thing. Then you start freaking out because you have to start all over again. Second, don't buy it because when you graduate you will have one issued to you. Third, if you want to go to the range and just get the feel for what it's like to fire a gun, you can rent them at the range.

Comment

• Good morning Manstown, thank you for your advice although it was not directed to me I had the same iintentions as uofmgrad06.
                      CBP
                      WrittenTest: 12/2010
                      NOR: 1/25/11
                      T.O. 6/21/11
                      Med & PFT1 7/25/11
                      VBT/Interview: 8/10/11[/B][/B]

ISO
                      Written Test 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by napman20 View Post
                        Just got a call for my FIT test. It needs to be done in the next 5 days.

Does anyone know if they always do the hiring in sequence?

I am going through a BI for DEA but I haven't been contacted by a BI for USMS?

Maybe they accepted my DOD Secret Clearance?
                        napman20

Thats good news is the FIT test for USMS or DEA and if is for USMS what region are you in?

Comment

• Deleted Post
                          Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Region 1 Fcip

New to the thread..seeing where everyone else is at in the process..

USMS
                            Info Session July 2009
                            Interview PHILADELPHIA 10/09/2009 PASSED
                            TO 12/04/2009
                            Background Approved (Previous Agency) 12/10/2009
                            Medical Exam 12/17/2009
                            Drug Screening 01/07/2010
                            FIT TEST 01/08/2010
                            FLETC??

Looks like the process is starting to move fast.
                            Last edited by jcb314; 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Manstown that is good advice.
                              USMS FCIP Region 1

Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                              Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                              T.O.: 12/04/09
                              E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                              Medical 1: 12/14/09
                              Medical 2: 12/15/09
                              B.I.: 12/29/09
                              Drug Test: 1/29/10
                              Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                              B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• It's just tough to get out of that confort zone that works for you. And it makes it hard to change what works for you even if you're told you're doing it wrong eventhough it works.

They are great instructors down there, but sometimes egos run a little high. I will say that it depends on who you get. My instructors in both CITP and BDUSM were all great. If you shot well they left you alone. But there is always that select few who want it done their way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14324 users online. 234 members and 14090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X