Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your right about it not being a job till it's offered. My only concern is killing my career where I am now if the Marshal's don't offer me a slot. Though it's something I really want, and refuse to go through life with regrets.

It's Going to be hard telling my Sgt. and Lt. about the B.I. when the department has been grooming me to be the next K-9 officer. I guess life could be a lot worse right?
    "In valor there is hope"

Comment

• borninblue- I am with you on that one! I turned down some opertunities at promotions for the hopes of getting hired with the Marshal's. Since my BI came to my department, I'm the odd man out. I'm getting forced to 2'nd shift. My career with my current department is clearly over. I took a HUGE gamble, just hoping it pays off. Good luck bro

Comment

• Originally posted by irishLEO View Post
        borninblue- I am with you on that one! I turned down some opertunities at promotions for the hopes of getting hired with the Marshal's. Since my BI came to my department, I'm the odd man out. I'm getting forced to 2'nd shift. My career with my current department is clearly over. I took a HUGE gamble, just hoping it pays off. Good luck bro
        Though the recruiter stated "don't let your job know you are leaving, yet" I decided to let my agency know the day I went to the info center that I was leaving!!!
        Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by borninblue View Post
          Your right about it not being a job till it's offered. My only concern is killing my career where I am now if the Marshal's don't offer me a slot. Though it's something I really want, and refuse to go through life with regrets.

It's Going to be hard telling my Sgt. and Lt. about the B.I. when the department has been grooming me to be the next K-9 officer. I guess life could be a lot worse right?
          Keep in mind that all Government agencies are to direct any questions and investigators directly to personnel.
          Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• I agree for the most part 1stForce. I had to base my decision on the past practice of my department on how they treated other guys that left to further their careers. Many of the guys were very straight forward from the start of their processes. For some reason, my department views you as a quitting on them. I'm not sure why that is, everyone has the right to further themselves. I don't know a single officer that wants to beat the streets for their entire careers. It sounds like you have some really cool people as supervisors.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishLEO View Post
              I agree for the most part 1stForce. I had to base my decision on the past practice of my department on how they treated other guys that left to further their careers. Many of the guys were very straight forward from the start of their processes. For some reason, my department views you as a quitting on them. I'm not sure why that is, everyone has the right to further themselves. I don't know a single officer that wants to beat the streets for their entire careers. It sounds like you have some really cool people as supervisors.
              IrishLEO,

I have no complaints with my management.
              Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• You hit the nail on the head bro!! It seems all our good cops leave. There really is nothing at my department to keep anyone there. The economy is not helping matters either. We have had 9 officers leave the past 12 months or so. Due to major money issues, none of those spots have been filled and they are stil talking about laying some of us off. The stress level is very high on top of the stress of the job. We took a pay cut and our insurance went up 28%!! I'm sure you don't get enough of this, thank you for your service for our counrty!! I would not want to do what you do, so thank you for doing it bro!!

Comment

• Well, the holidays are over and now it's back to the grind! Still have not heard from my BI although I saw that my credit was pulled by OPM. Anyone else still waiting to hear from their BI?

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays! Happy New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by kraemski View Post
                    Well, the holidays are over and now it's back to the grind! Still have not heard from my BI although I saw that my credit was pulled by OPM. Anyone else still waiting to hear from their BI?

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays! Happy New Year!
                    Stop the press, stop the press :-) My BI contacted me early this morning and scheduled a visit (at my place of business) this Wednesday!!!! After this, everything except the urine/drug test, medical, both part I and II and PFT will be done, LMFAO!!!! So how positive I remain??? Just a few steps left too go, hehehe, after Wednesday!!!
                    Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Funny, 1stForceRecon, haha. Good luck with the BI, although I'm sure you're good to go. I guess I'm just anxious to get everything done lol.

On a more somber note, my thoughts go out to the family of the Court Security Officer killed in the line of duty today, as well as the injured DUSM. May the CSO rest in peace and the DUSM heal quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kraemski View Post
                        Funny, 1stForceRecon, haha. Good luck with the BI, although I'm sure you're good to go. I guess I'm just anxious to get everything done lol.

On a more somber note, my thoughts go out to the family of the Court Security Officer killed in the line of duty today, as well as the injured DUSM. May the CSO rest in peace and the DUSM heal quickly.
                        I used to be anxious; however, after the years of processing with other 1811 positions, I grew patience. I like to think that the grasshopper (me) is growing, now, hehehe!!!!

Never the less, the thin line which separates heros from cowards to some, is the hero unfortunately never lives to tell his/her side of the story. However, ANYONE who places themselves on the fronts of such incident deserve more than a medal in my opinion (both the Security Officer and the DUSM).
                        Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stForceRecon View Post
                          I used to be anxious; however, after the years of processing with other 1811 positions, I grew patience. I like to think that the grasshopper (me) is growing, now, hehehe!!!!

Never the less, the thin line which separates heros from cowards to some, is the hero unfortunately never lives to tell his/her side of the story. However, ANYONE who places themselves on the fronts of such incident deserve more than a medal in my opinion (both the Security Officer and the DUSM).

1st Force Reconnaissance
                          Marine Scout Sniper
                          1stForceRecon

Your 100% right about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stForceRecon View Post
                            My Lieutenant is more excited that I am that I got the conditional offer (with the ATF, DEA and US. Marshals). At the end of it all, I am leaving and my job was notified when I went to the 1st info center (which at the time was the DEA), giving them more than enough time to prepare for whenever I do leave.

1st Force Reconnaissance
                            Marine Scout Sniper
                            Which agency do you plan on choosing? thats alot of options. congrats.

Comment

• I know some of the agencies have switched over to SIG. Does anyone know if this is true with the Marshals or are they still carrying the Glock?
                              USMS FCIP Region 1

Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                              Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                              T.O.: 12/04/09
                              E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                              Medical 1: 12/14/09
                              Medical 2: 12/15/09
                              B.I.: 12/29/09
                              Drug Test: 1/29/10
                              Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                              B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Still carrying a glock. Doubt that will change for a while. Carried a SIG with my last job and hated the damn hip cannon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14783 users online. 409 members and 14374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X