300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by borninblue View Post
    Well I guess the safest way to play it is to tell my employer after I submit the EQIP I guess. I just want to make sure they hear it from me first, but was hoping I could tell them as late as possible. What do you guys think?
    That sounds like a safe bet. My employer was pretty good about it, but then again I'm part time and explained that it was just a job to get me through my masters. My friend, one of the local PD guys, simply told his direct superior once he submitted the EQIP. Hopefully your employer is understanding about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
      Well your TS wasn't carried over per se. Your eligibility was. In order for an agency to carry the clearance from one agency to another is a little expensive. What will happen is that you will hold a secret with the ability to get a TS if needed. I had a TS when I came on, but they didn't give me that TS. If I need it for some reason in the next 2 1/2 years, that's when it expires, they can go back and activate it.
      Thank you for the clarification manstown. I know they do the single scope background investigation, to check for your eligibility to hold a clearance. But do you as a Deputy actually receive a clearance? Clearances to the best of my knowledge are based on a need to know or safeguard information that is inherently sensitive and may impact a mission or someones safety. That is why you would get one in the first place. So I guess my question, to current Deputies, what jobs in the USMS require a clearance, Witness Protection, Security Details? I am sure there are more, I am just curious to what they are.

In the military everyone gets a very basic secret clearance, some of us in more sensitive jobs are required to upgrade that to a TS, (which requires a very in-depth and expensive single scope investigation that takes a lot of time, my last one took almost a year to complete), but it is still a secret clearance until you are read-in and just because you have a TS does not mean that you have a need to know. There are higher ranking individuals that don't have access to information that I am privy to because they have no need to know. On that same note, just because I have a TS does not mean that I have access to all TS material. I am sure this is the same in the USMS.
      Last edited by lschremp; 12-21-2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Everyone will get a Secret clearance. There are a few things within USMS that requires a TS. Witsec being one of them. But Witsec is a GS 12 and up position.

Comment

• Has anyone not heard from there BI investigator? I have not , and the lady will not respond to my emails when i asked for confirmation that they received my signature pages in my fax. im extremely frustrated.

Comment

• I just finished haven my interview with my B.I. and he told me it was top priority to get my paper work turned in for USMS and my B.I. will be done in 48hrs he said that they want my paper work a.s.a.p.()i am in shock)and he was going to talk to me neighbors today and at 7am tomorrow moring go to my job inperson and talk to my supervisor and two other co-workers and send it in all the paper work by the afternoon and iam still in shock when he told me that
            Last edited by logic305; 12-21-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• I havn't heard anything from a B.I. nor have I been told to start e-quip. I'm guessing their going to transfer my background from the border patrol to the USMS. But it is frustrating not hearing anything. Makes you wonder whats going on. Ecspecially when everyone else is being contacted! I'm sure their swamped and it is the holidays, so I'm assumeing it's because of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDal View Post
                Has anyone not heard from there BI investigator? I have not , and the lady will not respond to my emails when i asked for confirmation that they received my signature pages in my fax. im extremely frustrated.
                I have not heard anything for a BI investigator yet. I have no clearance nor have i ever been through a BI. If i don't hear anything after the holidays i'll give them a call. I have finished my medical with good results...i recieved a confirmation that my e qip was submitted.
                USMS FCIP Region 1

Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                T.O.: 12/04/09
                E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                Medical 1: 12/14/09
                Medical 2: 12/15/09
                B.I.: 12/29/09
                Drug Test: 1/29/10
                Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• I re-faxed my stuff today and emailed for a confirmation, again. if they havent received my fax, tomorrrow would have been 15 days so i did it again.
                  Last edited by BigDal; 01-21-2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Non-essential Federal Employees had today off in the DC Metro area due to the snow storm this weekend. So if you're faxing and emailing things to the BI office then you won't hear anything back today, FYI.
                    Mur-land

Comment

• Charger, do you think that's why we haven't heard anything today from HOUR as far as the call?

Rider
                      "The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end." Genghis Khan

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDal View Post
                        I re-faxed my stuff today and emailed for a confirmation, again. if they havent received my fax, tomorrrow would have been 15 days so i did it again. im extremely paranoid that i havent heard from the BI yet, especially since mostly everyone has heard from someone. this lady better respond soon, shes ****in me off.
                        I have yet to hear anything from a BI either. I'm not too concerned with it however due to the proximity to the holidays and the unusually fast speed at which the others were contacted. I figure there aren't an infinite number of investigators and I'll just have to wait my turn. I know they got my paperwork so I'll let them move at their own pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarcHorse View Post
                          Charger, do you think that's why we haven't heard anything today from HOUR as far as the call?

Rider
                          Yessir! I'm pretty sure that no one was in the HR office today, I can't see them being listed as "essential personnel" Even though they're "essential" to us!
                          Mur-land

Comment

• Merry X-mas Everybody Let Us Just Forget About Our Stressful Process And Enjoy X-mas With Our Family And Friends :d

Comment

• When you get your final call and final offer, surely they give you a list of stuff to take with you to the academy don't they? I know border patrol did this and it made since.

Comment

• Is there anyone else that has still not heard anything further about their background?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12447 users online. 376 members and 12071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X