300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by logic305 View Post
    hey did u have to bring anything with u like credit paper work or any certificates of L.E.O. and etc....
    Nope, he only asked that I bring one form of ID. That's was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code21 View Post
      So I just had the meeting with my BI. I think it went well overall, pretty straight forward. He did say that he had 10 days to get all of the paperwork in and wants to have it done before the holidays so thats good. Glad to see a lot of movement happening now. Although I know there is a lot more waiting to come lol
      So do you know if they contact your current employer before you personally meet with the BI?
      "In valor there is hope"

Comment

• Originally posted by borninblue View Post
        So do you know if they contact your current employer before you personally meet with the BI?
        I don't think so. We pretty much went over the E-QIP and everything was clarified that needed to be. he asked a lot about my current job and the numbers of several people within the company that weren't originally asked for. It seemed like this was the first thing they do to get everything straightened out with the applicant then go out and contact all the references and everyone else that they feel necessary.

He did say that they usually do the interview either at your current place of employment or the closest marshals office. Both of which were out of the way for both of us so he ended up renting a private room at a local library.

Comment

• Thanks for the info, how many references do they usually ask for, and is there a minimum amount of years that you have to have known the person?
          "In valor there is hope"

Comment

Thanks for the info, how many references do they usually ask for, and is there a minimum amount of years that you have to have known the person?
            Well they ask for 3 personal references that have known you well for at least 7 years. I will say tho that after the interview I probably gave out like 15 other names numbers and addresses of people that I've known over the years. so make sure you have as many numbers as possible of previous co-workers, school mates, teachers,neighbors, or anything else you may have done or been a part of.

Comment

• Well, unfortunately, I have not yet received a call from my BI. Hopefully this coming week so we can get that out of the way :-) Good luck too all, and I hope to see you all in FLETC soon.
              Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Other people's experiences may differ from mine then. When my investigator met with me, he'd already talked to my current employer as well as my shift partner, though the investigator didn't directly tell me that. My partner gave me a call after being interviewed, and it wasn't until the next day that I got the call to meet with the investigator. This is probably just another lesson in "its different for everyone".

Comment

• I am also assuming that if you have a clearance within OPM that may stream line the process as well...good I hope they don't call my current agency and they just call my ATSACs'

Originally posted by gtstq View Post
                  Other people's experiences may differ from mine then. When my investigator met with me, he'd already talked to my current employer as well as my shift partner, though the investigator didn't directly tell me that. My partner gave me a call after being interviewed, and it wasn't until the next day that I got the call to meet with the investigator. This is probably just another lesson in "its different for everyone".

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFAMer View Post
                    I am also assuming that if you have a clearance within OPM that may stream line the process as well...good I hope they don't call my current agency and they just call my ATSACs'
                    Depends on your clearance. I'd gone through a minor background check for my internship, and that didn't help at all. Then again, if you do have a full clearance in another agency, that probably will make everything run much faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtstq View Post
                      Well I guess the safest way to play it is to tell my employer after I submit the EQIP I guess. I just want to make sure they hear it from me first, but was hoping I could tell them as late as possible. What do you guys think?
                      "In valor there is hope"

Comment

• I never met with an investigator, no one contacted me. So i called HR and the told me the used my DOD clearance instead.

Comment

• That is what I figured...maybe they would just take my TS from the FAM service.....

Originally posted by xbull View Post
                          I never met with an investigator, no one contacted me. So i called HR and the told me the used my DOD clearance instead.

Comment

• NightFAMer,

They took mine from the FAMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFAMer View Post
                              I am also assuming that if you have a clearance within OPM that may stream line the process as well...good I hope they don't call my current agency and they just call my ATSACs'
                              I carry a TS with the DOD and mine was transferred. The exact quote that I received from HR is that it is their preference and that everyone is different.

Comment

• Well your TS wasn't carried over per se. Your eligibility was. In order for an agency to carry the clearance from one agency to another is a little expensive. What will happen is that you will hold a secret with the ability to get a TS if needed. I had a TS when I came on, but they didn't give me that TS. If I need it for some reason in the next 2 1/2 years, that's when it expires, they can go back and activate it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9551 users online. 340 members and 9211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X