Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Marshal Region 1

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by logic305 View Post
    Does anybody have a idea on how this works, I put n for region 1 and then i went to region 3 miami, when they give us a date 4 fletc r they going 2 give me a option of region 1 or region 2 or if D.C. will ask me do u want 2 go now to fletc with region1 or wait afew months more and go to fletc with region 3???
    From what I have read on other threads here, you can be given an offer in any region that you applied for. Even regions that have had info. sessions recently. Someone was given a job offer in region 8 that had attended a region 2 session also.

    For anyone who has submitted their E-Qip and faxed the forms for the background. Have you received a confirmation email that they were received? I have not, other the the E-Qip site saying the E-Qip went through.
    Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
    Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
    Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
    Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
    Region 1 CO-12/04/09
    Medical Part 1-01/08/10
    Medical Part 2-01/11/10
    Background Meeting-01/10
    Drug Test-01/10
    FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
    FLETC-04/01/10

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mr. Smith View Post
      From what I have read on other threads here, you can be given an offer in any region that you applied for. Even regions that have had info. sessions recently. Someone was given a job offer in region 8 that had attended a region 2 session also.

      For anyone who has submitted their E-Qip and faxed the forms for the background. Have you received a confirmation email that they were received? I have not, other the the E-Qip site saying the E-Qip went through.
      I never received any confirmation emails. When I fax something I send an email to whoever I sent the faxes to asking for confirmation They always reply within 24hrs.

      Comment


      • i sent an email this morning asking for confirmation. Havent heard yet.

        I chose WPA, EPA, SNY

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr. Smith View Post
          From what I have read on other threads here, you can be given an offer in any region that you applied for. Even regions that have had info. sessions recently. Someone was given a job offer in region 8 that had attended a region 2 session also.

          For anyone who has submitted their E-Qip and faxed the forms for the background. Have you received a confirmation email that they were received? I have not, other the the E-Qip site saying the E-Qip went through.
          I am curious if it is possible to get an offer for a region that you did not attend the info session at. Maybe if you were to ask HR if there are any open slots in another region when they call. Probably not possible though.
          "In valor there is hope"

          Comment


          • Yes, me too!! I'm from Illinois and missed their recruitment by about 10 days. So I'm going to at least ask if there are any openings left in Illinois or that region. Who knows, might get lucky. Can't hurt to ask.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by clark99 View Post
              Yes, me too!! I'm from Illinois and missed their recruitment by about 10 days. So I'm going to at least ask if there are any openings left in Illinois or that region. Who knows, might get lucky. Can't hurt to ask.
              I asked a recuiter at the region 1 information session this question due to me living in region 4 and missing that session. He told me no.
              Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
              Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
              Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
              Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
              Region 1 CO-12/04/09
              Medical Part 1-01/08/10
              Medical Part 2-01/11/10
              Background Meeting-01/10
              Drug Test-01/10
              FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
              FLETC-04/01/10

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mr. Smith View Post
                I asked a recuiter at the region 1 information session this question due to me living in region 4 and missing that session. He told me no.
                I missed on the region 4 as well, thought maybe there was a back-door way in. Not really a big deal I guess, if I am lucky enough to get in it will give me a chance to live some place new and warmer (region 3 here). Downside is selling my house which I will take a hit on most likely and moving away from family and friends. But then again if I wanted a transfer, you have that option after 3 years(if there is an opening of course).
                "In valor there is hope"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by borninblue View Post
                  I am curious if it is possible to get an offer for a region that you did not attend the info session at. Maybe if you were to ask HR if there are any open slots in another region when they call. Probably not possible though.
                  BORNINBLUE
                  Hey by any chance do u know MR.SMITH hes from ohio too and u guys might work together lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by logic305 View Post
                    BORNINBLUE
                    Hey by any chance do u know MR.SMITH hes from ohio too and u guys might work together lol
                    I doubt it, unless he works in northeastern Ohio. Since your from Florida how is miami to live in? They say most region 3 guys will be going there.
                    "In valor there is hope"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by borninblue View Post
                      I doubt it, unless he works in northeastern Ohio. Since your from Florida how is miami to live in? They say most region 3 guys will be going there.
                      well i was born and raised n miami and 4years ago i moved 2 ocala,fl its central florida. I can retire from here the crime is "SOFT" and what I mean by that is i work for METRO DADE P.D. and it was kind tuff but ocala is a retirement place for L.E.O. and its a family place and the homes are cheap and huge!! but if i have 2 go back i got 2 do what i got 2 do. But its not all that like they say about NY,LA AND MIA. I guess seen i live there all my life I don't c it like everybody else who hasn't seen it or been there. but its a place where everybody should go and visit and experience the party life. and i bet u guys are going crazy up there in ohio with king james and shaq that like kobe and shaq in LA. lol
                      Last edited by logic305; 12-15-2009, 06:00 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by logic305 View Post
                        well i was born and raised n miami and 4years ago i moved 2 ocala,fl its central florida. I can retire from here the crime is "SOFT" and what I mean by that is i work for METRO DADE P.D. and it was kind tuff but ocala is a retirement place for L.E.O. and its a family place and the homes are cheap and huge!! but if i have 2 go back i got 2 do what i got 2 do. But its not all that like they say about NY,LA AND MIA. I guess seen i live there all my life I don't c it like everybody else who hasn't seen it or been there. but its a place where everybody should go and visit and experience the party life. and i bet u guys are going crazy up there in ohio with king james and shaq that like kobe and shaq in LA. lol
                        Any reason why you didnt wait and apply for region 3?
                        "In valor there is hope"

                        Comment


                        • ANy chance of changing preferences this late? I put NJ and NYC but with the pay cut I may want maine or vermont or central PA. Oh and am I the only who has to wait over a month and a half for a medical date? wtf? I just went to the same place for a dea medical 4 weeks ago....
                          Last edited by NightFAMer; 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by borninblue View Post
                            Any reason why you didnt wait and apply for region 3?
                            i did, i went 2 the session in region 3 as well but they told me if i aready interview i dont need to go to the interview in miami . They still gave me a interview date for miami and i had to cancel it because i already interview in philly. I asked H.R. in D.C. and they said that miami will get my interview packet from philly and review it and if they are interested they will send me a T.O. as well. If philly wants me i bet miami will do the same and what makes it better i bet it might benfit region 3 to call me because iam local and they will know i won't transfer in the future because i was born and raised and all my family is local.

                            Comment


                            • Picked Boston, NYC and Connecticut. I hear that Boston is pretty sought after though. I have a slight case of achilles tendonitis I picked up around thanksgiving, switched over to eliptical, crossfit and about to start swimming. I'm afraid to make turn this minor injury into a deal breaker. I was running the 1.5 in around 9:30 and my 10 mile runs were right around 8 minute miles. Sadly, I actually miss running...

                              Finished Medical today with good results.
                              USMS FCIP Region 1

                              Information Session: 7/22/09 Boston, MA
                              Interview: 10/6/09 Philadelphia, PA
                              T.O.: 12/04/09
                              E-QIP Submitted: 12/09/09
                              Medical 1: 12/14/09
                              Medical 2: 12/15/09
                              B.I.: 12/29/09
                              Drug Test: 1/29/10
                              Fit Test:3/25/10 (passed)
                              B.I. Cleared: 11/29/10
                              FLETC: ???

                              Comment


                              • I too finished my medical today. clean bill, good to go. Has anyoine got any kind of confirmation about your BI info you faxed. i emailed but got no response.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14755 users online. 409 members and 14346 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X