300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Post
    Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone here elaborate on the USMS Medical Test? what sort of exams? what kind of color blind test? do they send you to their own doctors? anything would help, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RerservePolice View Post
        Can anyone here elaborate on the USMS Medical Test? what sort of exams? what kind of color blind test? do they send you to their own doctors? anything would help, thanks.
        They'll send you to a contractor that routinely does physicals for employment purposes. Its basically a standard physical. As for the colorblindness, I might have a little more experience with that than some of the other guys here. They will give you the standard Ishihara test, which is the numbers within the circles. If you fail that, like I did, they'll send you a second packet to see your own doctor/optometrist, at your own cost, to do secondary tests. The second colorblind test is the Farsnworth D-15, where you place colored tiles in order of their shades. Look it up online if this is going to be an issue for you. Anyway, long story short, I'm just colorblind enough to not be able to see the numbers, but I can pass the D-15 no problem, so colorblindness isn't always a disqualifier.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtstq View Post
          They'll send you to a contractor that routinely does physicals for employment purposes. Its basically a standard physical. As for the colorblindness, I might have a little more experience with that than some of the other guys here. They will give you the standard Ishihara test, which is the numbers within the circles. If you fail that, like I did, they'll send you a second packet to see your own doctor/optometrist, at your own cost, to do secondary tests. The second colorblind test is the Farsnworth D-15, where you place colored tiles in order of their shades. Look it up online if this is going to be an issue for you. Anyway, long story short, I'm just colorblind enough to not be able to see the numbers, but I can pass the D-15 no problem, so colorblindness isn't always a disqualifier.
          Great information, thanks. I sort of have an issue with the Ishihara test, but with little time I get most of them right, as for the Farsworth D-15, I get those right all the time, so I was a little scared because of the Ishihara test.

Did you end up passing the eye exam?

Comment

• Yeah, it was not a problem at all. I knew it was going to be a problem from the beginning, so I was just very upfront and truthful with everything too, I didn't try to hide anything. Right now I'm just waiting on my FLETC date and final offer.

Comment

• Wow, great news, Good Luck.

Comment

• Answered, thanks FDUFlyer
                Last edited by decarse; 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• PM sent to avoid this message board getting off on another rant about repetitive questions. . . haha

Comment

• Anyone from Region 1 get a TO letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Anyone from Region 1 get a TO letter?
                      That's a big disappointing negative. Maybe they forgot to return to the office after Thanksgiving. Oh well, maybe next week? haha

Comment

• I just had a buddy who interviewed out of LA and he was told 60 days from interview till Offer....with that I am assuming next week we should see some movement

Comment

• Have any region one applicants had your current employer tell you the Marshals have contacted them?
                          Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
                          Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
                          Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
                          Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
                          Region 1 CO-12/04/09
                          Medical Part 1-01/08/10
                          Medical Part 2-01/11/10
                          Background Meeting-01/10
                          Drug Test-01/10
                          FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
                          FLETC-04/01/10

Comment

• Deleted Post
                            Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Hey Guys Im Proud To Announce To's Are Out!!!! Check Those Emails!!!:d:d:d

Comment

• Thats a confirmation on Region 1 TO's at 4:45pm today!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18436 users online. 506 members and 17930 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X