300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
    Not every DUMS gets a take home, especially not the new guys. It usually takes at least 3-5 years before a newbie DUMS enjoys the privilege of a G ride.
    It depends on the District you go to. Had a few classmates that went on to smaller Districts and got take homes right off the bat. Don't expect that at the bigger Districts. Just luck of the draw on where you go.

Comment

Originally posted by pa1982 View Post
      Does anyone know if you can complete the steps at different district offices, i.e. physical, test, medical etc... I live in California and want to apply for Region 1 and don't want to be taking plane trips across the country every month or two. Thanks.
      You'll have to go for the Info Session and Oral Board but everything else can be done at your local office.

Comment

I went to the USMS website and clicked the link for "Districts", but it only shows a map of the US, it does NOT break down the Districts or Regions. Can someone point me in the right direction for States included in Region 1? Thanks

Comment

http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/re...iting_area.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, 4 years Army NG, and 3 years in Security. Do I stand a chance? I saw that several people with LEO experience were rejected.

Comment

I will probably be attending the info session in Burlington, Vt. Boston maybe closer, but Burlington will be a more scenic ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ironwill727 View Post
                  I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, 4 years Army NG, and 3 years in Security. Do I stand a chance? I saw that several people with LEO experience were rejected.
                  Give it a shot. Worst thing is they will reject you...if you never try you would never know. I only have a 2 year degree in CJ and 30 credits in business admin, 3 years security and 1 year as a police officer and I plan on trying.

Comment

Too bad they don't tell you your specific date and time of info session otherwise it would be nice to have the option of carpooling. Anyone from nyc planning on applying? South Station in Boston is 24hrs, save some money on hotel fare please!

Comment

Disregard........

Comment

On the PDF file it states during the week of the 20th.

Comment

How exactly does it work with the email registration?

Do you get an automated reply right away with a date and time?

Or do you have to wait a few days and have someone contact you with the information?

Comment

I highly doubt it will be an automated response via email. Otherwise there would be no need for applicants to provide responses in the body of the email to the questions set forth on the PDF. Definitely will be a filtering process.

Comment

everyone successfully emailed for the info sessions?

Comment

Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                                everyone successfully emailed for the info sessions?

I submitted my registration a couple minutes ago. Now, I need to obtain my driving record for the past 7 years. DMV is historically slow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7681 users online. 165 members and 7516 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X