300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/PDF/leotb.pdf

This is the correct pay table, it includes law enforcement and locality pay.

A 7 step 1 in NYC or Newark would make 48,549, while a 5 step 1 would make 42.653.

Comment

• thanks / I'm so 2008
      Losing is not an "Option"

Comment

• Can we use getting above of 3.0 GPA to qualify for G-S 7?

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• If you start as a GS-5 it is one year to a GS-7 then one year to a GS-9 then one year to a GS-11 at which point you become an 1811. You will start as either a GS-5 step 1 or a GS-7 step 1 unless you are already in the fed and they match your pay.

Also you can attend multiple info sessions, I attended one in DC for region 2 and received a conditional offer and also attended one in philly for region 1. I will not have to interview again and they will just add the location i put on my wish list for region 1 to the ones for region 2.

They also stated that they will be doing these every 2 years.

Comment

• From the info I gathered on Monday there is going to be an info session in Atlanta in August. One of the Marshals was from North Carolina and attended our session as preparation for an info session he said would occur in Atlanta in August.

I am not sure if anyone else has heard this same information.

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Where are you guys finding information sessions? Do you get this info only after you apply via USAjobs?

Comment

• Originally posted by kylet123 View Post
                    Where are you guys finding information sessions? Do you get this info only after you apply via USAjobs?
                    Info sessions are over, you had to apply to get invited about 2 weeks ago. It was listed on the USMS website.

Comment

• gotcha - thanks penn!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdogg1183 View Post
                        If you start as a GS-5 it is one year to a GS-7 then one year to a GS-9 then one year to a GS-11 at which point you become an 1811. You will start as either a GS-5 step 1 or a GS-7 step 1 unless you are already in the fed and they match your pay.

Also you can attend multiple info sessions, I attended one in DC for region 2 and received a conditional offer and also attended one in philly for region 1. I will not have to interview again and they will just add the location i put on my wish list for region 1 to the ones for region 2.

They also stated that they will be doing these every 2 years.
                        That's not necessarily true. They are working on making it a straight shot to 12, but it hasn't been signed off yet. It should happen soon, but until it does, this is how it goes:

Start as a 5 you do one year then 7.
                        Then one year as a 7 to 9-1.
                        Then one year 9-1 to 9-2
                        Then one year 9-2 to 9-3
                        Then one year 9-3 to 11-1
                        Then one year 11-1 to 11-2
                        Then one year 11-2 to 11-3
                        Then 11-3 to 12.

But if this new pay chart comes out it will be one year at each pay grade up to 12 and their even talking about a straight shot to 13, but that comes later on.

And as the pay scale is set now you have to wait until you hit GS 11 to get converted to 1811. So if you come in as a GS 5 and it stays the way it is now.....you do 5 years before you get 1811. Come in as a 7 you do 4 years before conversion.

Under the hopefully soon to be scale it will be 3 years before you convert. Coming in as a GS 5 will get you converted as a GS 11. But if you come in as a GS 7 you won't get your 1811 until you pick up your GS 12 because it takes 3 years from GS 7 to GS 12.

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• They said the new pay scale will go into effect Sept 27. Just for info. They also said there will be alot of guys hatin' on the street bc we'll get the new pay scale when they had to spend 3 years at a 9 and we will get a 12 in 4 to 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragoon View Post
                              Mantown-
                              They put out at the info session that it has changed to 1 year between steps

It hasn't been signed off yet. If it has...no one has told us. And if they said Sept 27th, I'd like to know where they heard that. It makes sense because it will be the end of the FY. If that's the case, it's fine with me. But I can tell you as of today, it's still 3 years as a 9 and 11. I hope it changes soon. I'm sure it will, but as of now there hasn't been any more mention of a date. It will make a great job even better knowing you can get those increases. And that's coming from a union rep in my District as of yesterday. And yes, there will be quite a few haters on the situation. But in order to keep people in the Marshals Service they have to do something like this or else people are going to lateral to other agencies now that FCIP includes CITP.

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17752 users online. 479 members and 17273 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X