Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Marshal Region 1

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .......................
    Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM.

    Comment


    • How did the info session go today for those that went in Boston? What should we expect? What did you do for the 5hrs? Did they mention numbers being hired for the Boston area? Did everyone there get sched for an interview later on or did they weed people out by some means? Any info regarding today's session in Boston would be great.

      Thanks

      Comment


      • looks like the only areas that have a chance at getting hired are around ny/s and ny/e

        Comment


        • .................................
          Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 09:36 AM.

          Comment


          • You do not get scheduled for your oral interview at the info session.

            You fill out a bunch of paperwork, get your fingerprints done and you submit this paperwork at the end of the session. This paperwork gets forwarded to headquarters.

            At my session we watched some videos also regarding the Marshal service. Basically there message was the academy is very difficult, the job can be dangerous . . . make sure this is the career path you want to take.

            In October they will be conducting interviews for Region 1 in either Philly or Boston (the Marshal was not 100 percent certain of these locations though).

            They said that 300 people will be attending the info session in Philly, 300 in Boston and 180 in Vermont.

            You could be hired anywhere in Region 1 from Deleware to Maine to western PA. Obviously, you would think that the larger districts like southern New York (NYC) would have a higher need.

            Comment


            • At my session, I got there 40 minutes early and immediately began filling out my fingerprint cards. Then my fingerprints were taken. After I did this, I filled out a bunch of paperwork regarding my driving history(accidents and violations), employment history, drug abuse history, Credit Release, Ethnic background/race info, Veteran's Preference, etc.

              They then went over exactly to fill out each of these forms, then showed us the order they wanted them in.

              The Chief gave a brief speech about the Marshal's service, his bio, etc. The recruiter spoke to us again and then we took a 1 hour lunch break.

              After lunch we watched some videos, as I explained in my previous post. They explained the hiring process and how you should take the first offer you get, but it would almost certainly be in Region 1.

              Then on our way out they made sure we included all of the paperwork and checked it off.

              Most people wore suits I did see a couple of people wearing jeans, one guy wearing a polo shirt and khakis.

              Some flew in from as far as way San Francisco.

              Comment


              • There was one kid at the info session who was only 20 years old. He said he would be 21 in October. Not sure how he got a spot, it was a little irritating because what kind of experience does this kid have? He was a current college student, no military.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by emerlad View Post
                  Hey Arsenal, who says the chances are "slim", your college professor?

                  Don't even get me started on Professors..
                  I'm not with the Marshals, but being familiar with FLE I can say it is very tough to get assigned to Boston at most federal agencies. For some reason, it is a very popular assignment within the G and people tend not to give it up.

                  Not trying to discourage anyone who wants Boston, just saying consider taking another city and then try to transfer in.
                  Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tdparmel View Post
                    There was one kid at the info session who was only 20 years old. He said he would be 21 in October. Not sure how he got a spot, it was a little irritating because what kind of experience does this kid have? He was a current college student, no military.
                    Haha I'm 23 and have not graduated yet and they asked me to come...

                    Comment


                    • ... oh and I have absolutely zero relevant experience lol... should be interesting

                      Comment


                      • Pennstater:

                        At least you are old enough to technically work there. I believe you have to be 21.

                        Comment


                        • Anyone from Philly know what the parking situation will be like at the philly court house on market street....is it free, pay to park, do they have trains, shuttles, etc? I have never been to PA and I am clueless. thanks in advance.
                          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

                          Comment


                          • thanks TDPARMEL for this post. This is helpful.

                            Originally posted by tdparmel View Post
                            At my session, I got there 40 minutes early and immediately began filling out my fingerprint cards. Then my fingerprints were taken. After I did this, I filled out a bunch of paperwork regarding my driving history(accidents and violations), employment history, drug abuse history, Credit Release, Ethnic background/race info, Veteran's Preference, etc.

                            They then went over exactly to fill out each of these forms, then showed us the order they wanted them in.

                            The Chief gave a brief speech about the Marshal's service, his bio, etc. The recruiter spoke to us again and then we took a 1 hour lunch break.

                            After lunch we watched some videos, as I explained in my previous post. They explained the hiring process and how you should take the first offer you get, but it would almost certainly be in Region 1.

                            Then on our way out they made sure we included all of the paperwork and checked it off.

                            Most people wore suits I did see a couple of people wearing jeans, one guy wearing a polo shirt and khakis.

                            Some flew in from as far as way San Francisco.
                            "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                              Anyone from Philly know what the parking situation will be like at the philly court house on market street....is it free, pay to park, do they have trains, shuttles, etc? I have never been to PA and I am clueless. thanks in advance.
                              Plenty parking, but it aint free! If your lucky you'll get a spot in a lot thats pretty close to the courthouse, if your not you'll still get a spot, jus may have to walk a few blocks.....

                              Comment


                              • i took the train got off at market east and walked 3 blocks to the court house. was very easy and definitely less exspensive than driving. also beats the rush hour traffic if your session ends at 5 like mine did.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4408 users online. 181 members and 4227 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X