Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else going to be at the Burlington info session, July 20th from 10am to 4pm?

Comment

• So far you appear to be one of two people on this forum going to Vermont, there is another poster attending the VT info session on the 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squared Away View Post
        Definitely not. Honestly if you can't do push ups you will struggle in any academy. If you applied for PA State Police you will do more push ups then you thought existed and the Marshals PT at FLETC is no joke either.
        It's not that I struggle with push-ups, just a preference...

Comment

• test

I will be going to Burlington as well on the 20th. I sent an email out Sunday night and got a reply back Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
            Region 1 D/ME; D/NH;D/VT; N/NY; W/NY; S/NY; E/NY; D/MA; D/CT; D/RI; E/PA; M/PA; W/PA; D/NJ; D/DE

Region 2
            D/MD; DC/DC; DC/SC; N/WV; S/WV; E/VA; W/VA; D/SC; E/NC; M/NC; W/NC; E/TN; M/TN; W/TN; E/KY; W/KY

Region 3
            N/GA; M/GA; S/GA; N/FL; M/FL; S/FL; N/AL; M/AL; S/AL; N/MS; S/MS; D/PR; D/VI

Region 4
            N/OH; S/OH; E/MI; W/MI; N/IN; S/IN; W/WI; E/WI; N/IL; C/IL; S/IL; N/IA; S/IA; E/MO; W/MO

Region 5
            E/AR; W/AR; W/LA; M/LA; E/LA; E/OK; N/OK; W/OK; E/TX; N/TX

Region 6
            D/MN; D/ND; D/SD; D/NE; D/KS; D/MT; D/WY; D/CO; D/IS; D/UT

Region 7
            D/NM; D/AZ; S/CA; W/TX; S/TX

Region 8
            E/WA; W/WA; D/NV; E/CA; N/CA; D/HI; D/GU; D/AK; D/OR; C/CA
            Thank you very much

Comment

• For the guys who make it all the way through the process, you'll be placed determined on the needs of the agency (obviously within Region 1). Usually its the larger volume districts S/NY comes to mind as one of them. D/VT and D/RI are small districts, so the chances or getting placed there is very slim. D/MA (Boston) Is a medium sized district, but your chances of getting in there are slim. Good luck to all that got info sessions.
              Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Comment

• I am sure a lot of us will be living large at a GS-5 Step 1 in New York City. I wouldnt mind working in NYC but I would love to live in New England. I wonder why they are having an info session in Burlington?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                  I will be going to Burlington as well on the 20th. I sent an email out Sunday night and got a reply back Tuesday.

I will you see there Monday . . . Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by NO NATS View Post
                    I figured with 8 years military, some school, and 3 years experience in detention and transportation of inmates I would have at least gotten an email for the info session, but apparently replying to them at 1pm on the first day of it opening was too late.
                    I think that was it man, unless there might have been something on your application that turned them off. I spent 7 years Army infantry a couple of years of detainee operations. I made it to through the interview process and I am hopefully going to recieve a TO in mid-August. They probably reached their limit. I know that the marshals love prior Military and really don't require degree's. I have some school though no degree. Timing is everything! Sorry that you didn't get an e-mail back.
                    Information Session: May 2009
                    Interview: Jun 2009
                    Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                    BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                    Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                    FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• Does anybody know how the step scale works??
                      Information Session: May 2009
                      Interview: Jun 2009
                      Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                      BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                      Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                      FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• ----------
                        Last edited by Tigershark; 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Hey Arsenal, who says the chances are "slim", your college professor?

Don't even get me started on Professors..
                          Last edited by emerlad; 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Fcip-usms

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
                            Hey guys, thanks for all the helpful info you've posted...I'll be going to the Philly session on July 24th. Does anybody know if they will automatically set up an oral board interview for everyone who goes to an information session, or do they have some sort of initial screening-out process there?
                            I thought I read somewhere that the day consists of submitting paperwork, fingerprints and a 20 minute oral board. The rest of the time I cannot say for sure. I think one will be tied up for about 4-5 hours so what takes place during that time all the way through I am not certain. I just hope they don't slip in any FIT tests. I am still working on the sit-up and push-up counts. Any body have any idea as to what takes place?

Be safe

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragoon View Post
                                Whats the deal with this oral board during the information session? I wasnt told anything about it. I have my information session in a couple days and would like to prep a little.
                                Any help appreciated
                                thanks
                                There isn't an oral board at the info session. Someone is just posting false info. It is what it is, an info session.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17605 users online. 511 members and 17094 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X