Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else heard that there are no vacancies in region 1?

Comment

• I just joined the thread- So here's my info:

Information Session: May 2007
      Interview: Dec 2007
      Medical Cleared: Jan 2010
      BI Cleared: April 2009
      Fit: Passed: March 2010
      FLETC? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I applied back in 2007 and am still waiting for a position.
      Last edited by ellerome; 06-17-2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• According to a USMS recruiter, there are no vacancy in Region 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by ellerome View Post
          I just joined the thread- So here's my info:

Information Session: May 2007
          Interview: Dec 2007
          Medical Cleared: Jan 2010
          BI Cleared: April 2009
          Fit: Passed: March 2010
          FLETC? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I applied back in 2007 and am still waiting for a position.
          Hey welcome to the thread! Not to get too personal but is there any reason why you didn't have the medical until 2010? or was that just your most recent medical?

Comment

• After my interview in 2007, I did'nt get a call back until Jan 2009. In Jan 2009, I was assignned an investigator and it did'nt clear until April 2009. I did my medical sometime in Sept. 2009 but for some odd reason I was notified in Jan 2010 that my medical clear. In March 2010, I was called in for the fit-test and passed. So now I am waiting to receive a final offer but was advised that there are no vacancy in Region 1. Apparently, they did all their hiring for Region 1 early this year.

Comment

• My BI is currently being conducted. I wonder if i'll get a call anytime soon for the FIT test. I applied for Region 1, if there is an opening at another region, will the let me know?
              NYPD
              Exam: 8314 11/08
              Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are only going to be hired for the regions where you attended the information session. If you attended all information sessions then your chances would be very good;however, there are around 1200 people who have completed everything and that are waiting for the call. It is probably impossible that a region would exhaust their list of candidates and move to another list, there are just too many qualified individuals waiting for the call for that to happen. I am working out and praying both 2-3 times daily, I hope most of you are doing the same. Best of luck to everyone.
                Region 3
                Info (ATL)08/18/2009
                Interview (ATL) October 27, 2009
                T.O. January 15, 2010
                E-Quip 1/20/10
                Medical 2/16/10
                B.I. 2/12/10
                Drug TEST 3/3/10
                Fit Test 4/5/10
                FLETC?????????
                Location???????????

"Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• If they already have an applicant pool of 1200, why continue to process people and hand out late CO's. There is one individual on here that JUST got his region 1 CO last month, well after a lot of us had completed the process entirely. With Region 1 supposedly maxed out and a long list of qualified candidates already established, why continue with the CO's? And another individual on here was offered a CO in 2007 and just recently started completing the rest of the process. Why continue to process people for which you have no need? It is these facts that keep me hopeful that the Marshal Service is not just wasting our time and theirs. Call it blind faith or me being younger than most and not yet burned, but I still feel as though there will be a place for me with the US Marshals and they will not simply throw our CO's in the trash in October.

Comment

• And you know what is more aggravating? Those people who are lucky enough to get a job offer, and fail their FIT at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                      And you know what is more aggravating? Those people who are lucky enough to get a job offer, and fail their FIT at FLETC.
                      +1!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fduflyer View Post
                        If they already have an applicant pool of 1200, why continue to process people and hand out late CO's. There is one individual on here that JUST got his region 1 CO last month, well after a lot of us had completed the process entirely. With Region 1 supposedly maxed out and a long list of qualified candidates already established, why continue with the CO's? And another individual on here was offered a CO in 2007 and just recently started completing the rest of the process. Why continue to process people for which you have no need? It is these facts that keep me hopeful that the Marshal Service is not just wasting our time and theirs. Call it blind faith or me being younger than most and not yet burned, but I still feel as though there will be a place for me with the US Marshals and they will not simply throw our CO's in the trash in October.
                        I truley hope your right about October. I have heard mixed stories about both scenarios from USMS personnel. One fact that I do know is that they are going to implement the TEA test come October (i am not sure how that affects us). One thing you have to realize about federal hiring regulations they have to follow procedure. If you have started the application process and you are identified as a "qualified candidate" and received a CO you are entitled to complete the process (this isn't corporate America). In the corporate non-federal side if they have enough applicants they can say that is enough. If you want to understand the FCIP process and regulations go to the OPM site and search on FCIP processes or something like that. You should come to a link that will have a bunch of PDF documents that you can read. I have posted the link a couple times before.

Also, the difference between the 2007 and the 2009 FCIP is the fact that the TEA exam is going to be implemented this coming October which throws a huge wild card into play. (If they implement this test are we grandfathered in, do we have to take the test, etc.....) TEA exam is not the easiest exam in the world to pass (a lot of critical thinking has to be placed in to each answer). So it is on you how you want to handle your situation. Though, at this point and time my faith in the system has been decimated. So what am I doing. I am going to get the degree!, I am going to get my vet status updated and evaluated so I can be a ten point vet and start applying to other fed agencies.

Also the people that applied in 2007 have to be considered before any 2009 FCIP applicant, so I would say it is very true that there have been a number of 2007 applicants that have taken slots that have become available this year.

So in return I have to ask a question. If they still had enough qualified applicants from 2007 that are still being placed in classes as recently as July 2010. Why did they send out over 1800 CO's? It doesn't make sense they obviously have plenty of qualified candidates a lot of veterans who have not been picked up, A lot of qualified Non-Fed LEO's that have not been picked up, and people with out any experience who have been picked up. That makes me wonder why they ran this hiring drive? What were they searching for out of this hiring drive that they needed to send out 1800 CO's. They have no problem getting vets to apply, no problem getting LEO's to apply.
                        Last edited by keyz5542001; 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM.
                        Information Session: May 2009
                        Interview: Jun 2009
                        Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                        BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                        Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                        FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• I really don't think that the USMS would process all of these candidates, spend all that money and then just wash the candidate pool for the TEA. I have not seen or heard anything about an upcoming exam although I have heard they are switching to hire in that format. Even if they did have one soon after the start of the new fiscal year it would take nearly the entire year to process all of those candidates. So I think we will be ok till at least the start of the fiscal year 2012. Purely my own speculation and opinion and this is not based in any direct information. I think it only makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikmac View Post
                            I really don't think that the USMS would process all of these candidates, spend all that money and then just wash the candidate pool for the TEA. I have not seen or heard anything about an upcoming exam although I have heard they are switching to hire in that format. Even if they did have one soon after the start of the new fiscal year it would take nearly the entire year to process all of those candidates. So I think we will be ok till at least the start of the fiscal year 2012. Purely my own speculation and opinion and this is not based in any direct information. I think it only makes sense.

I agree that it would only make sense to use the applicants that they processed. Though, has anything in this whole process made any sense at all (NO). Still, I am trying to figure out who they really want. Government hiring is a business in it self. There is a reason for extending 1800 CO's, there is a reason why there are vets out there like LSCHREMP, Dark, USMC58 and my self have not been picked up (Trust me it isn't because I am low on the list either). Could it be the fact that there are not many slots in Region 6. (Yes)
                            Information Session: May 2009
                            Interview: Jun 2009
                            Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                            BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                            Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                            FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• And I thought they needed 600 more deputys to make the agency bigger and stronger, but its to replace all that have retired and switch from the star to the shield like "marshal to F.B.I." so basically they are not really adding any new bodys, just replaceing the one's that left so you'll be getting the same total of deputys that started out with before the FCIP drive and may be alittle extra for the major city/borders.

Comment

• The USMS was allotted those 500+ new deputy positions to augment our overall numbers. They have nothing to do with attrition through retirement, transfers, etc. This was partly due to the expansion of some programs like the Adam Walsh Act. People need to keep in mind that the USMS is nowhere near the size of some of the other 3 letter agencies so there are fewer vacancies to fill.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10364 users online. 414 members and 9950 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X