300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshal Region 1

Well I will start the thread I guess. Just saw today on US Marshal website that region 1 (northeast) will start recruiting on July 8th. You must email them with the answers to the questions they are asking about in order to get a seat at the presentation. Couple questions.

1) How many do they usually hire for an area (i.e. northeast) when they do a recruitment drive? (I assume this prob varies from office to office, but anyone have a general idea, like are they doing a recruiting drive cause they are in need of marshals?)

2) How fast is the process generally? (I know this one can vary prob from region to region)

3) What do they generally look for in canidates? ( I am a police officer of 3yrs from MA and have a BA degree in CJ). Just curios as to how competitive it is.

4) From my understanding there is a written test, oral board type interview, written assignment, background, medical and PT test. Any other steps in the process? Is there polygraph? And I assume a pschy test

Thanks for any info back-

no poly and not psyc. you have all the right qualifications. It took me two years to get hired on and based on the guys around me that is about the general time frame. They amount they hire using the new program is based on how many people are needed in the area you apply in.

Comment

Last edited by cutter; 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cutter View Post
        I'm surprised they don't have a session in NYC.
        I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

They should really....I don't feel like going to Boston or Philly....Philly is 2 hrs away and Boston is 3 1/2.

Comment

Where in Region 1 would a newbie expect to be posted? I know that for region 2, it was said that you could expect to be in DC.

Does it make a difference where you do your info session and interview? Like if you choose Philly, are you more likely to end up in PA, or if you choose VT, might you end up in VT?

Comment

I'm applying.

If hired I hope to be assigned to NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by cutter View Post
                I'm surprised they don't have a session in NYC.
                They had a NYC recruiting drive not to long ago. That's probably why they don't have NYC listed.
                Waiting for "The Date"

Comment

I have two Bachelor's degrees, a background in loss prevention, and a brief stint as a temporary officer, would I stand a chance?

Comment

I'll be registering for the Philly info session. Is this process similar to some of the other agencies in which you have to pick a Geographic preference, and then receive a TO?

Thanks
                    ATF 1811 SA
                    Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                    Written Test - 5/11/09
                    NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                    Written Test - 6/1/09
                    NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                    Written Test - 7/28/09
                    Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                    NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

Originally posted by Rzeszow View Post
                      I have two Bachelor's degrees, a background in loss prevention, and a brief stint as a temporary officer, would I stand a chance?
                      I just graduated in April 09 with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Spanish. I don't have any military or law enforcement experience but I decided to go for it anyway. I registered for the region seven information session thinking there was a slim chance I would get called back for the interview but I did. When I went to the interview I thought there was a slim chance that I would pass it but I did. Now I'm sitting here waiting for a Tentative Offer (T.O's will be sent out the first of August for region 7) thinking that again, there is a slim chance I will be given one. I really hope I will be pleasantly surprised once again.

I think you should go for it! You never know unless you try.

Comment

Region 2 and 7 applicants (back in March 09) needed to call recruiters non-stop. I noticed for Region 1 applicants need not go through the hectic process of redial-hang up-redial. Instead applicants are to email certain information. This round seems more controlled and may prove to be more efficient. HR rep just needs to print the information, all of which should only take up a single page.

Comment

Does anyone know... Do Deputy U.S. Marshals assigned to courthouse security still get G rides or no?

Comment

Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                            Does anyone know... Do Deputy U.S. Marshals assigned to courthouse security still get G rides or no?
                            Not every DUMS gets a take home, especially not the new guys. It usually takes at least 3-5 years before a newbie DUMS enjoys the privilege of a G ride.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can complete the steps at different district offices, i.e. physical, test, medical etc... I live in California and want to apply for Region 1 and don't want to be taking plane trips across the country every month or two. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12192 users online. 455 members and 11737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X