300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletc

I know there have been threads on FLETC but I don't see any recent discussions on the topic. It looks like I'll be attending the Basic Investigator course in Jul, no official word but I'm making plans as if I'm going. The question I have is in regards to living arrangements. I am about 45 miles from the training center in GA, takes me about 40 minutes down I-95 to get there. Is there a requirement to live on the installation in the housing they provide? What is the schedule like as far as PT, training, etc? Would I be able to drive back and forth? I'd appreciate any info folks have.

I was down there last year with LMPT, I had a guy in my class that lived in the general area, he would stay some nights at the academy but spent most of his time commuting to FLETC.

As far as the schedule you will go most likely mon-fri 730am- 430pm, when i was there they didnt care where or what you were doing from 730pm-430am as long as you were in class everyday.

PT is not bad at all, some had a rough time with it, but it you dont quit, you will be great and have no problem.

The academy will give you great training. CITP is a great program, hoping to be back in a few years for the program 12 weeks.

dpd............... feel free to PM me with any questions, i did 18 weeks there and can give you insight on how to get around in the academy, and where things are at there.

Comment

They expect you to be living in the housing provided. They'll know quickly if you are not because of the maids and anyone else in your room. We have someone in our class that lives less than 10mins away. He stays on campus during the week and goes home for the weekends.

Comment

All ready seeing some conflicting points of view on this. What time is PT in the morning?

Comment

for PT, it will vary. it's called ORT for CITP. you could have it at the beginning, middle, or end of the day. and it will change. you'll get a schedule that outlines everything for CITP. and yes you are required to living in your dorm. what you do though is up to you. after hours and on weekends you can go home.

Comment

The "PT" is integrated with other things........the amount of PT you do really depends on your instructor.

Comment

I believe they don't care what you do after hours as long as you are where you need to be for training. However, you might want to get the okay from your agency. It might be easier to stay during the week and go home on the weekends so that you can study during the week without distractions. Your agency would not want any unforeseen event to come up while driving back and forth everyday that might affect your training. So you might have to make a decision of what you think would be best for you to complete the training.
              God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Mess up your bed every night if you plan on staying off-campus. The maids will report you if they suspect the room isn't being used.

Comment

You don't need to be there as long as you make it when you're suppose too. They may want you to be there at all times during the week, but both times I've been down there people stayed off base and both agencies knew about it. It's a big boy and girl world down there. Mess up by being late, then that changes.

ORT is the new thing now as far as PT goes. Basically they integrated PT and DT. It cuts back on time and OT. When I was first there 5 years ago, you could have PT, go to a class, and then go back for DT. Never made sense. During the summer you may have to come in before the start of the day to PT if your PT was cancelled the day before due to a black flag day, too hot. Hated those 0530 runs. It's still humid as hell at that time of day in good ole Georgia!

Comment

Guess I don't understand the fear of the maids. Why would any agency care that you stay off base? Its not Paris Island. Its a paid job. Show up for work on time; give a 110% and go home.

Is there any official policy that says you MUST stay on base? I've looked hi and lo and have yet to see one other than word of mouth. As it was said before - we are all grown-ups here.

Comment

Originally posted by Uriel711 View Post
                      Guess I don't understand the fear of the maids. Why would any agency care that you stay off base? Its not Paris Island. Its a paid job. Show up for work on time; give a 110% and go home.

Is there any official policy that says you MUST stay on base? I've looked hi and lo and have yet to see one other than word of mouth. As it was said before - we are all grown-ups here.
                      Money. It costs the agency to get you a room there.

Liability. If something happens, car accident or something, and you are late the FLETC people notify your agency and the agency looks bad along with your late arrival.

Tip the maids, they'll let you keep the bike in the room and might not tattle

Comment

I dont think my agency would care much if i lived in the dorms. If anything it might save them some per diem. I'll have to play it by ear but I'm planning on coming and going unless I have to be there at 0530 for PT.

Comment

Originally posted by dpd0779 View Post
                          I dont think my agency would care much if i lived in the dorms. If anything it might save them some per diem. I'll have to play it by ear but I'm planning on coming and going unless I have to be there at 0530 for PT.
                          Per Diem to be somewhere around $3.00 a day. You live for free and eat for free there. No reason to give per diem. And why stay off campus? Each agency and each training program is different so I am not sure if you have to stay there, but I would recommend it. Training days don't usually start until 0700-0730, so the 0530 may never happen.
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

If I was single and or didnt live 30 minutes away it really wouldnt matter.

Comment

Same here, I had plenty of time for bonding with folks in college

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6590 users online. 383 members and 6207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X