300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ask80 View Post
    just curious you've been an 1811 for 8 years and have to go through CITP again? that sucks...you'll do the PEB and ORT in the first week.
    I was a cop for 8 years, but was just hired as an 1811. Can see where that would be confusing, so I updated my profile accordingly.
    Last edited by miked6; 06-14-2009, 06:58 PM.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

What are the physical fitness standards? What tests do they administer?

Comment

Originally posted by dpd0779 View Post
        What are the physical fitness standards? What tests do they administer?
        At FLETC for CITP? It is my understanding you run the PEB on the first week and last week for a score. They are looking that you participate and show improvement. Some agencies establish their own criteria individually as well, but FLETC only requires participation. With that being said, 40% on the PEB, is the number that I keep hearing that is considered "passing" by FLETC standards. Other than that, I think you just have to put forward a solid effort during ORT, which is basically PT/DT, and occurs about 3 times per week.

http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...ttery-peb.html
        "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

CITP, I researched it a little, but the FLETC site looks about two years old. It doesn't say anything on there about the standards. There was another question someone posted about the course being 6 days a week or 5. Is it mon-fri still?

Comment

Originally posted by dpd0779 View Post
            CITP, I researched it a little, but the FLETC site looks about two years old. It doesn't say anything on there about the standards. There was another question someone posted about the course being 6 days a week or 5. Is it mon-fri still?
            My reporting instructions advised Monday-Friday, 730a-430p. I am curious about the roommate situation down there these days. I have heard they are doubling up rooms, but can't get confirmation on the specifics. I can handle sharing a bathroom, but sharing a room for 3mos would be tough.

Comment

FLETC is mon-fri 0730-1630. only 5 days a week. PEB tests are on the FLETC website. there is no standards for FLETC. all you have to do is participate in ORT (PT/DT). i'm not sure on the percentages you need overall. i don't think there is one since there were some pretty out of shape peoples in my class. your agency might do something about it but not FLETC.

i've heard most at the TAJ are doubled up. not sure if that's everyone at the TAJ. the other buildings i doubt they are doubled up because the room is too small for that. there are different dorm areas on FLETC. some you may have to share a bathroom. maybe you'll be lucky to get 95, like i was. get your own room and bathroom/shower, although a farther walk.

Comment

I was wandering if you can have a George Foreman grill in your room?
                God bless all those in harms way!

Comment

Originally posted by ifitwhatyoufear View Post
                  I was wandering if you can have a George Foreman grill in your room?
                  Technically your not supposed to nor are you to have hot plates.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thank you Orlandofed.
                    God bless all those in harms way!

Comment

hey all, what's the course of fire for citp, OR IS IT AGENCY SPECIFIC?

Comment

course of fire is 210 out of 300 to pass ranging from 3 yards to 25 yards, including barricade shooting. i'm not sure on the EXACT course. then you'll have to qual again at your agency specific course of fire during your addon course.

Comment

Great thread here. I'm heading to FLETC next month for CITP. Has anyone brought a personal firearm with them? I'll be driving there and I don't travel unarmed.

I saw on the FLETC site that you have to check it in upon arrival and get it back when you graduate. That doesn't work for me. I'm looking for any personal experience or work-arounds for this situation. (I am covered under HR218 as a retired LEO). Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                            Great thread here. I'm heading to FLETC next month for CITP. Has anyone brought a personal firearm with them? I'll be driving there and I don't travel unarmed.

I saw on the FLETC site that you have to check it in upon arrival and get it back when you graduate. That doesn't work for me. I'm looking for any personal experience or work-arounds for this situation. (I am covered under HR218 as a retired LEO). Thanks.
                            I highly doubt there is a work-around for having a firearm on campus at FLETC. Active FLEO's are not allowed to carry on base so I don't see them letting a retired LEO do it. I recommend leaving the gun at home if you don't want to check it.
                            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

As ICEAGENT stated its pretty much a no go, i mean you could stuff it in your bag and leave it but then again you are taking a chance. I never ever go anywhere w/o my gun but i left it when i went to FLETC. I was told by an instructor at FLETC that if you ended back at your room with extra ammo from the range to hide it cause if the cleaning ladies saw it, they would report you.

Comment

I am covered under HR218 as a retired LEO.
                                I am kind of confused by your profile, you state your a retired LEO but your profile states not employed in LE and not a sworn officer, and your a student.

I mean thats ok, but if your retired you can still put your experience and stuff on your profile.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10856 users online. 383 members and 10473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X