300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses or Contacts in the Academy?

I have been wearing glasses for a few years now and they have always given me problems. In the past few years in the military I have broken/scratched up quite a few pairs. I have never worn contacts but my eye doctor recommended them for me if I was doing "sports". So what is the recommendation -Glasses or Contacts for the Academy? What about on patrol?

Thanks

I don't wear glasses all the time, and I've never worn contacts. I did wear glasses periodically during 4 police academies, and while assigned to patrol (especially if trying to beat feet to a call and trying to see street signs at night). Do what you prefer and works best for you.
    sigpic

Comment

contacts. glasses are a pain in the butt.

Comment

Contacts are waaaay better.

I hate glasses....

Comment

"Train like you fight." I wore contacts at the academies and on the street. Glasses get knocked off to easily and fog up too quickly. Not to mention it hurts more if you get hit with your glasses on.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8366 users online. 249 members and 8117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X