Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to expect as a Juvenile Det. Employee?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect as a Juvenile Det. Employee?

Can anyone give me advice on what to expect should I accept a job as a Youth Guidance Counselor at Juvenile Detention Center. Not from the residents (though I wouldn't mind) but mainly from those who may be co-workers of mine.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Had a buddy who has a juvenile detention officer, i'm not sure if it's the same. but she had to deal with juvies in a detention setting and counsel them. she hated it and didn't fit her personality. she's now a nurse.

those juvies are young and dumb so have a thick skin. some are disrespectful and others think they are bad *****... just a heads up.

Comment

Some advice to those working in the Juvy Justice System. Keep your guard up. Remember officer safety. Just because they are in their late teens does not mean that they can not injure you or do any type of damage. I one time had a juvy kick out the back window of my squad when I was doing a transport.
      Get to know the staff and other officers you are working with. They will quickly fill you in on what you need to know and what to look out for.
      Remember, stay safe... And stick together!

Comment

you can expect....

UTTER MAYHEM!!!!!!!!!
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

"Youth Guidance Counselor" I know CYA(Now DJJ) out here in Cali used this title opposed to Correctional Officer. So, if you are indeed a CO, always expect the worse and never become complacent with the detainees. I work @ a local juvenile facility and i knew going in it wasn't for me, but gotta pay the bills!!! Expect to counsel opposed to hands-on, well, it's like that here in Cali. However, if you're going to be a out sourced guidance counselor, RESPECT the CO's, because if a detainee goes sideways, they're the ones responding. Any more questions, feel free to ask, well until i leave for FLETC in 2 weeks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10272 users online. 394 members and 9878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X