300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fcip

Curious about the FCIP program. Is everything pretty much the same, besides a two year "probationary" period? If you are hired as a GS-9, do receive regular increases, to 11, 12, etc? Anyone know of someone that was not converted after the two year period? Any thoughts or insight on the program would be greatly appreciated.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Which Agency are we talking about here?

Comment

An 1811 IG position.
      "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
        Curious about the FCIP program. Is everything pretty much the same, besides a two year "probationary" period? If you are hired as a GS-9, do receive regular increases, to 11, 12, etc? Anyone know of someone that was not converted after the two year period? Any thoughts or insight on the program would be greatly appreciated.
        I think so, Mike. Your steps should increase the same way as everyone else's I would think. I believe we ICE people (in the last few years anyway) were hired under FCIP as we have two year probationary periods. However, our steps work the same way as everyone else.

Comment

Which Dept.?

There are different agencies that don't go up one grade per year.

Example: US Marshals takes 3 years at 09 to get to 11. Etc.....

You still have not told me which Dept/Agency.

Comment

As I said previously, it is an 1811 IG position. That would be a Special Agent/Criminal Investigator position with an Office of the Inspector General. All IG's utilize the same 5/7/9/11/12 career ladders, regardless of agency affiliation. Disclosing the actual IG is not relevant to answering the question.

Comment

Not Cool

As I said previously, it is an 1811 IG position. That would be a Special Agent/Criminal Investigator position with an Office of the Inspector General. All IG's utilize the same 5/7/9/11/12 career ladders, regardless of agency affiliation. Disclosing the actual IG is not relevant to answering the question.
              Miked6 is not wanting to disclose agency becuase he does not want to comptete with others.

Not cool
              "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
                Miked6 is not wanting to disclose agency becuase he does not want to comptete with others.

Not cool
                Just don't think it is appropriate to disclose on a public forum. As for competition, I have already been offered the position.

Comment

Just don't think it is appropriate to disclose on a public forum. As for competition, I have already been offered the position.
                  So you don't think it is appropriate to discuss who is hiring and using what method of hiring (not opsec) on a forum that most people are looking for employment on.

Why are you on the forum?

Not cool
                  "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

I am sure this will derail things....BUT...

For the life of me, I can't understand why folks post openings on here (or any LE web forum for that matter) about positions they are applying for.....especially if it is for some small IG that may only be hiring one person.....

If someone is that interested in jobs like that and others in the LE field, have them get off their dead butts and look for the stuff instead of handing it to them....and perhaps having them take a job away from you....

Just my two cents......

Comment

My buddy is an IG and his steps go up the same as everyone else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9713 users online. 402 members and 9311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X