300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy self sponsor

Can anyone provide insight as to why an agency would not accept a candidate who has attended a POST academy prior to hire? I was halfway through the hiring process before the economy tanked and caused a hiring freeze. Being dead set on pursuing this position, I considered putting myself through the academy whilst awaiting a call back. But, on their application, I noticed that it specifically states "ineligible if you possess a POST certificate." Just curious as to why that is stated. If you self sponsor through an academy are you then eligible for a lateral hire???

hmm never seen an application state that. i would think most agencies, specifically smaller ones, would want people with POST certs because it's cheaper for the agency and the person could start training right away.

some agencies you will be able to apply as pre-service or possibly lateral. some agencies the process could be shortened, meaning you wouldn't have to do the writted or physical within a certain time frame.

just curious which agency stated ineligible if you have a POST?

i can only think maybe the agency want to hire only new entry level recruits to train them their way and attend their academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11452 users online. 513 members and 10939 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X