300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Criminal Investigation Vacancy closed 04/13/09

I applied to the last IRS 1811 vacancy on USAJobs, got a tentative 'A' rating in an email a few days later, which stated I was being considered for GL-5. Anyone have any idea on how long IRS takes to process 1811 apps? Are they relatively quick because it's a smaller LE branch? I applied to USSS in Jan, and have taken the TEA, initial interview, panel, and my poly. On the other hand, I applied to ATF in Dec 2008, and have not heard a peep out of them.
    Last edited by Remy_LeBeau; 04-21-2009, 06:20 PM.
    ICE SA Applicant

IRS is no different from any other agency. Unfortunately it all depends on the needs and the funding. Could be a while. Just put in your head 2 years and hope it's shorter. I have a buddy that waited over 3 years. Some of the people I talked too while in FLETC said 3 years was the norm. There were some that were shorter though.

Comment

IRS CI "Small"

Originally posted by Remy_LeBeau View Post
      Anyone have any idea on how long IRS takes to process 1811 apps? Are they relatively quick because it's a smaller LE branch? I applied to USSS in Jan, and have taken the TEA, initial interview, panel, and my poly. On the other hand, I applied to ATF in Dec 2008, and have not heard a peep out of them.
      Well “Small” well let’s give you some perspective.

First this is based on 2006 authorized strength levels (last published that I am aware of).

Out of the 71 component agencies having 1811 of which IRS CI is one.

There are 42,132 GS-1811 authorized positions. The IRS is in my estimate employer number 5 of 71 of special agents.

Number of LEOs authorized
      1.) FBI 12,824
      2.) ICE (OI) 5,754
      3.) DEA 5,581
      4.) USSS 4,964
      5.) IRS CI 2,781
      6.) ATF 2,440

I think all the large agencies suffer from HQ involvement and large mismanaged pipelines. From what I read on these forums it’s not just about when you get on the list, but how you stack up with needs.

From my analysis, bilingual candidates make it through the process the fastest. GS-9 cat A go first after that, then pretty much a free for all after that.

FYI……..smaller agencies, agencies with less than 300 agents (median size being 75 Agents) higher regionally, and the SAC/RAC/ASAC announce, create local certificates and hire their agent, with an average of 160 days from close to final offer.
      "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Thanks for not answering my question at all Professor. I apologize for not knowing the exact personnel numbers of each Federal agency, but could you possibly answer the question that I did ask, instead of criticizing me??
        ICE SA Applicant

Comment

Originally posted by Remy_LeBeau View Post
          Thanks for not answering my question at all Professor. I apologize for not knowing the exact personnel numbers of each Federal agency, but could you possibly answer the question that I did ask, instead of criticizing me??
          Short answer there are still Cat A GS-5 from 2006 still waiting........
          "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Glad to find this thread. I am also planning on joining IRS as a CI, for now I am just gaining the experience required.
            There are only two things certain in life. . . Death and taxes

Comment

Someone in another thread said that they received an email informing them of an interview date. Anyone else get this email?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12064 users online. 475 members and 11589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X