Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkydog
    replied
    TSA OLE/FAMS are the law enforcement branch of TSA. This encompasses FAMS, AFSD/LEs, and the 1811 SAs in OPR

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    TSA also has 1811's who are like an internal affairs type agency.

Leave a comment:

• TheShape
    replied
    No, they are not LEOs. But rather security to a certain capacity. LEOs are the local airport police. In NYC, the Port Authority Police will have jurisdiction over the three major airports. The TSA also has inspectors called ASIs (Aviation Security Inspectors non 1811). I believe those guys/gals have creds and badges, but they are not armed. The only LEOs in the TSA are the FAMS.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by Code Seven
    He was just talking shop. You're both law enforcement officers.
    I dont think they count as LEOs, maybe so since they GOT Those new badges.

Leave a comment:

• soto2635
    replied
    the only people that went to the class were the people that were there before the 9/11 aniversity when TSA did the uniform change that when they orignally had the 2 day class, being that i was hired after 9/11 the just had to a quick rundown and i didnt have to sit in the class

Leave a comment:

• soto2635
    replied
    i didnt have to do the 2 day class i was given a quick run down on what and what not to do with the badge

Leave a comment:

• soto2635
    replied
    yes, its pretty str8 foward on what to look for, how to do pat downs and deal with conflicts, most of the training was based on getting people to recoginze things on the x-ray such as guns,knifes etc. after you past the xray test you do OJT for about a month with a trainer overall it takes the average joe a month or 2 to get the fell for it then your on your own.
    Last edited by soto2635; 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• soto2635
    replied
    Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
    2 day training class on badge use?? I hope your kidding right! If so, what a waste of money!
    x2 sad i know........

Leave a comment:

• nasa808
    replied
    Even after the two-day training classes dedicated exclusively to badge use? Oh, boy......
    2 day training class on badge use?? I hope your kidding right! If so, what a waste of money!

Leave a comment:

• gonefishin
    replied
    The pay banding system that TSA uses comes from the FAA. Not sure if they were ever a part of FAA but I do know that the Law Enforcement arm of TSA, the FAMS, were at one point under FAA

Leave a comment:

• soto2635
    replied
    its true i work for TSA right now we get the badges but nothing to show for it, they tell us that badge is not to be used other than on your uniforms

Leave a comment:

• TheShape
    replied
    I've heard that, although they get badges, they are not issued creds. Can someone confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• 2themax45
    replied
    Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
    just want to know why TSA, a part of Department of Homeland Security Has a different pay scale separate for the rest of DHS. Why can we just make them GS employees like the rest OF DHS. Obama Promised TSA that he will do that. When will he do it?
    USSS/UD is not on the G scale and they are under DHS.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    While I was at FLETC I lost my ball cap that I always wore, so I went over to the store on FLETC base and bought a Dept. of Homeland Security hat with the American Flag on the side, Well anyways long story short I was flying back home, the screener guys standing in his uniform was like hey hey man that hat has the same logo as my uniform. I was like awesome man, have you ever been to FLETC, he said Nope.

I said good day sir, I have a plane to catch.\

He was trying to hold me up just to talk about a patch that we had in common.

Leave a comment:

• PigsdoFly
    replied
    Because all the money went to new uniforms, badges, and training classes on the badges.
    Haha. I dont have a thing against TSA and screeners but time and time again I would see them on the shuttle bus saying they were the "police". I even saw a few of them drive away with thin blue line stickers on their cars. Quite of few of them have gotten jammed up for using their "bages" and saying they were cops. Worst thing they could've ever done.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10588 users online. 420 members and 10168 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X