300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA pay scale

just want to know why TSA, a part of Department of Homeland Security Has a different pay scale separate for the rest of DHS. Why can we just make them GS employees like the rest OF DHS. Obama Promised TSA that he will do that. When will he do it?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Think of it as one more promise to change that he can't fufill. The POTUS doesn't control how employees are paid.

Comment

think it will happen, going to the GS scale?
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        He (Barry) has stated he's looking into going back to the GS Scale for everyone....

In reality, who knows....as it's going to be a PITA to re-class folks back to GS pay schedule.....

Comment

Its already been proposed and being looked at by the House now. I got an email about it a few weeks about, it was on govexec.cm or some website like that. Yes I think it will happen at some point, it would be great for us I tell you that.
          You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
            Because all the money went to new uniforms, badges, and training classes on the badges.
            Haha. I dont have a thing against TSA and screeners but time and time again I would see them on the shuttle bus saying they were the "police". I even saw a few of them drive away with thin blue line stickers on their cars. Quite of few of them have gotten jammed up for using their "bages" and saying they were cops. Worst thing they could've ever done.
            You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

While I was at FLETC I lost my ball cap that I always wore, so I went over to the store on FLETC base and bought a Dept. of Homeland Security hat with the American Flag on the side, Well anyways long story short I was flying back home, the screener guys standing in his uniform was like hey hey man that hat has the same logo as my uniform. I was like awesome man, have you ever been to FLETC, he said Nope.

I said good day sir, I have a plane to catch.\

He was trying to hold me up just to talk about a patch that we had in common.

Comment

just want to know why TSA, a part of Department of Homeland Security Has a different pay scale separate for the rest of DHS. Why can we just make them GS employees like the rest OF DHS. Obama Promised TSA that he will do that. When will he do it?
                USSS/UD is not on the G scale and they are under DHS.

Comment

I've heard that, although they get badges, they are not issued creds. Can someone confirm this?

Comment

its true i work for TSA right now we get the badges but nothing to show for it, they tell us that badge is not to be used other than on your uniforms

Comment

The pay banding system that TSA uses comes from the FAA. Not sure if they were ever a part of FAA but I do know that the Law Enforcement arm of TSA, the FAMS, were at one point under FAA
                      "Thats a pretty cool sidearm you got there....What is it?"
                      "I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                        Even after the two-day training classes dedicated exclusively to badge use? Oh, boy......
                        2 day training class on badge use?? I hope your kidding right! If so, what a waste of money!
                        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                          2 day training class on badge use?? I hope your kidding right! If so, what a waste of money!
                          x2 sad i know........

Comment

yes, its pretty str8 foward on what to look for, how to do pat downs and deal with conflicts, most of the training was based on getting people to recoginze things on the x-ray such as guns,knifes etc. after you past the xray test you do OJT for about a month with a trainer overall it takes the average joe a month or 2 to get the fell for it then your on your own.
                            Last edited by soto2635; 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

i didnt have to do the 2 day class i was given a quick run down on what and what not to do with the badge

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8313 users online. 287 members and 8026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X