300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got called to go to FBI Phase II.......by mistake

I applied for the SA position earlier this year and took Phase I in February.
    Two weeks later, I was notified that I passed Phase I. I stayed up late for a couple nights and completed my federal application so I could get it back in asap.

Two weeks later, I got "the call" from an Agent saying I was going to Phase II. I was so excited, I didn't get his name. He asked several basic background checks and let me know that I would be required to take a polygraph if I passed Phase II. I specifically asked if I had just passed Phase I or had passed Phase I and been selected to go to Phase II. He said that I was selected for Phase II and would be flying to Miami or DC in mid April. He said someone would contact me in the next few weeks to give me all the details. I was so exicted!!! I've been a cop for 13 years and have never been that excited about any job before.

I immediately started preparing and spent at least 10 hours researching and studying behavioral interview questions. I even went out and purchased a new suit for the interview. In my off time, I was running and working out. I waited patiently for two weeks and didn't hear anything.

I finally decided to call the local office and follow up because Phase II was only two weeks away. The secretary in the recruiting office dropped the bomb on me. She told me that I had passed Phase I, but not been selected for this round of Phase II. My application would be reviewed again for the next round of interviews. She didn't sound very hopeful.

I was devastated. I always interview well and had told my wife that I knew I would be selected if I could just get the interview. For a short time, I thought I had the interview and was on my way.

Has anyone else had this happen? If not, I hope it never does!!!

Sorry to hear my friend, hang in their and keep high hopes. Good Luck

Comment

That's unfortunate but your only 4 months in to a very long process. To get a call for phase II that quick would have been pretty amazing anyway. I'd say the average time from start to finish for most applicants is probably around 15 months.

Comment

That sucks man. I had something similar happen to me once to. A department called me and told me I scored in the top 20 for the written and physical test and I was selected to move on to the background. I was so excited. The the same guy called me back a week later the day before I was selected to come in and told me that there was a mistake because someone had the same last name as me and he scored slightly higher than me. I was so disappointed at that. The like 2 weeks later they called me back and I moved on to that phase anyway. I am still waiting as to my status but not holding my breathe with them because I know I am not in their top 20. What can I say human error sucks.

However, best of luck to you and hopefully you will move on.

Comment

RE: FBI Mistake

My roomate originally took the exam in 9/07. He failed Phase I but retook the exam in December 08. He passed this time but was told 3 weeks later that he was no longer being considered. He then received an email that he was invited to Phase II. He flew to Miami and took the that test. He then received an email saying he passed but twenty minutes he received an email that he received the 1st email in error. Talk about frustrated. He was disappointed. Par the course. Stay focused. The FBI has done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by t.ramsey View Post
            I applied for the SA position earlier this year and took Phase I in February.
            Two weeks later, I was notified that I passed Phase I. I stayed up late for a couple nights and completed my federal application so I could get it back in asap.

Two weeks later, I got "the call" from an Agent saying I was going to Phase II. I was so excited, I didn't get his name. He asked several basic background checks and let me know that I would be required to take a polygraph if I passed Phase II. I specifically asked if I had just passed Phase I or had passed Phase I and been selected to go to Phase II. He said that I was selected for Phase II and would be flying to Miami or DC in mid April. He said someone would contact me in the next few weeks to give me all the details. I was so exicted!!! I've been a cop for 13 years and have never been that excited about any job before.

I immediately started preparing and spent at least 10 hours researching and studying behavioral interview questions. I even went out and purchased a new suit for the interview. In my off time, I was running and working out. I waited patiently for two weeks and didn't hear anything.

I finally decided to call the local office and follow up because Phase II was only two weeks away. The secretary in the recruiting office dropped the bomb on me. She told me that I had passed Phase I, but not been selected for this round of Phase II. My application would be reviewed again for the next round of interviews. She didn't sound very hopeful.

I was devastated. I always interview well and had told my wife that I knew I would be selected if I could just get the interview. For a short time, I thought I had the interview and was on my way.

Has anyone else had this happen? If not, I hope it never does!!!
            Thats a tough story to read...I'm sorry to hear it but keep your head up and moving forward...good news could be around the corner. best of luck

Comment

Yeah the FBI isn't looking for experienced LEOs. They want attorneys and accountants.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Got you beat. I put in for a lateral with one agency...waited, waited...right before I leave for Xmas, get an email "congrats, we'll get your paperwork out to you!"...20 minutes after I was done calling the family and celebrating (best Xmas EVER! lol )....another email "gee, sorry, sent that to the wrong person..."

Comment

When I was in college I put in for an internship with the FBI thinking if I could get my foot in the door that way then maybe I could get a job later with them later. I got a letter from them that said that I was no longer being considered. After about two days of being bummed I then got a call from an agent that wanted to discuss me doing an internship with them which of course got me excited again...maybe they gave me the letter by mistake. Turns out that the letter was sent prematurely they hadn't talked to me first before they rejected me like they were supposed to. The letter was still legit I just got jerked around some more.
                  USSS:
                  07/09=Applied
                  10/09=TEA
                  12/09=Initial
                  01/10=COE
                  02/10=Panel
                  02/11=Polygraph #1
                  03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

jeez, sorry to hear this, keep plugging. things will work out they always do.
                    Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                      Yeah the FBI isn't looking for experienced LEOs. They want attorneys and accountants.
                      My buddy who was a former state trooper & has a law degree was told they want accountants & those fluent in specific foreign languages. It seems like they are constantly singing a different tune about what they want. I think it changes by candidate to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by decarse View Post
                        My buddy who was a former state trooper & has a law degree was told they want accountants & those fluent in specific foreign languages. It seems like they are constantly singing a different tune about what they want. I think it changes by candidate to be honest
                        Do you know if they lump finance in with accounting?

Comment

Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                          Do you know if they lump finance in with accounting?
                          I have no idea. I know they told him "accounting background." Finance & accounting are both large fields, but I'm sure there is a significant overlap. Whether that's enough for them or they want a particular skill set I have no idea.

But like I said, it was said for years that the FBI wanted those w/ LE experience, then they wanted law degrees. Basically they change what they are looking for once they have enough agents w/ that particular skill. By the time the next hiring wave commences they may be looking for computer programming experts or those w/ a biology background.

I think it's almost impossible to predict what they are looking for until you are basically sitting in the interview room and they decide for themselves if they want you. For those who want to get into the FBI I would never recommend listening to a particular field from rumors and then just going that route so that you have a better chance. Before you know it you spent a couple of years in college and then when you finally do have that degree they may decide that they no longer want that. Then what do you do?

All of the above is my opinion, I'm far from an expert

Comment

edited and erased
                            Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-30-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

possible explanation: The local office selects you for phase II and submits your name to DC, who then schedules you or does not for the phase II interview. Is it possible you were submitted by your local office, but just not selected by DC this time? If that is the case, you're still in the running, and they can resubmit your name whenever their next round comes up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8288 users online. 396 members and 7892 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X