300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a PO or Crime Analysist?

I am female, 43 yrs old. Have been thinking about law enforcement for a very long time. Currently hold a BS degree in a non-related law enforcement field and have been successfully working in this field for 20 years. I am committed to switch over to LE in some capacity- nothing will stop me (even my age). I plan on working for another 20 years.

I have grown up in law enforcement (father police chief) and 5 other family members cops, feel very comfortable around police stations and I have an understanding that maybe your average person does not, I heard and listened alot. Father shared alot with me and shaped me. I know enough not to want to do this as I understand it is a bit of a thankless job . . . but LE has a strong tie to my values as a person, very passionate!

Thinking about joining police academy in August in N. CA. I can run 7 miles a day, I lift weights and feel that I am in great shape cardiovascularly. Police friends have told me I will have no trouble with academics in academy. But here's the deal: I have 2 teenage daughters, and I have always been there for them (husband runs his own business and is busy). Being a police officer there will be graveyard shifts, court dates, etc on off days. This is the nature of the job, esp. when you are the new to a dept.

Recently, looked into becoming a crime analysist, very appealling to me, in that I am very analytical in nature and you're dealing with crime trends, operations analysis and reports for the department, so you are generating useful information to the dept. - also have semi-regular hours. This means getting a BS in Crime Analysis which will take me two years, vs. 6 months in the academy if I decided to become a PO. Remember, I'm 43, but a young 43.

Does anyone know if there is a need for Crime Anaylsist in municipal police departments right now - in California? Too old to become a PO?

Any feedback, tips would be great, I appreciate it!

I know that several Sheriff's Departments do not have upper age limits, so at least you have that going for you.
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11465 users online. 460 members and 11005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X