Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job opennings good news, bad news

Good News
    With the new stimulus package having been passed police agencies are lining up to get funds to hire more cops. this will start a new round of hirings by agencies.

Bad news

Not every agency that is applying will be getting the funds. Most agencies can not wait until they get the funds to start hiring due to the length of the process. This means agencies are going to start hiring in anticipation of getting the federal funds. they will be putting you through the process but even if you get a job offer it will be contingent upon them getting the funds.

So there will soon be a lot more hiring, but many agencies will be just waisting your time.

Just a heads up to applicants.
    Last edited by Garbage Man; 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Can I ask how you got this info? This does sound good and bad...hopefully I'm far enough along in the process to get picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
      Can I ask how you got this info? This does sound good and bad...hopefully I'm far enough along in the process to get picked up.
      I was told about this by the folks at my agency that do the hiring.
      Originally posted by FJDave
      GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
      "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9679 users online. 400 members and 9279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X