Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No but seriously, the best advice is to wake up early, get a good breakfast, maybe read a paper to get your mind right, and show up early. Sometimes it is a long process to get into the building and find where you want to be, and you don't want to be late.

Comment

I just hope all of my flights and then driving works out. I have about a 2 hour drive from the airport that they have me flying into. My day will probably start about 4am.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as all of you, mine is on July 31.

I even went and bought a new suit yesterday, so I can show up all nice for the interview. I just hope I leave a good impression, and I give rational responses to all their questions.

But good luck to all of you who are in the same boat as me, or have already done the skills assessment interview and fitness tests

Comment

Notice of Results

If I had my interview/fitness test on July 14, when should I realistically expect a notice of results? Cincy emailed me back and said by the end of August at the latest, but I feel like that was just so I don't call/email a bunch between now and then.
          ICE SA Applicant

Comment

Remy,

I have done some polling, and it looks like most people get the results anywhere from 2 weeks to a month after the interview. I was a couple days after you, so, I guess I can expect to get the results a couple days later than you as well, whenever that may be.

By the way, I'm about to PM you.

Comment

Just got the NOR for the interview - Passed.

It took two weeks to the day from the time I interviewed, to receive the NOR.

Also, the email stated that we will have to wait until September or October to find out if we are selected, (TO).

Comment

Do IRS-CID applicants fill out the SF-85P or the SF-86? Please, only answer the question if you have filled out whichever form was requested by IRS-CID.
                ICE SA Applicant

Comment

Just received my TO for the FCIP, and accepted it.
                  "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Did anyone else get their notice of results?

Did anyone else pass?
                    Last edited by Maverick23; 08-19-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Maverick I passed the interview and no just waiting for selection process to happen at the end of Sept. or beginning of Oct.

Comment

Scout what is the process after you accept your TO? How long before you go?

Comment

Originally posted by dtown View Post
                          Scout what is the process after you accept your TO? How long before you go?
                          I accepted my TO August 5th
                          Instructions to complete and schedule BI & Medical August 10th
                          BI August 14th (Paper Work Complete)
                          Medical Appointment August 14th

It is my understanding once my preliminary BI has started (no red flags), medical is completed (signed off by MRO), and Tax audit is scheduled (Tax audit may or may not occur prior to start date), I can be placed on ready list. Some 09’ers have already been placed on ready list in about 4 weeks from TO. I will be scheduled for a drug test just prior to final offer, about 60 days out from my planned EOD.

The time spent on the ready list is a real variable. It depends on where you want to go, your ranking, your vet status, your age (people who are near 37 may go first, so I have heard) and other factors, such as critical skills (language) etc.

My analysis based on my observations is that about 144 people have been brought on this PY so far. IRS goal for the year is approximately 300 agents this PY, so about 156 may be brought on by end PY (if nothing has changed with the budget, and management direction). My estimates is there is about 80 06/04 left on the ready list, so that means there is space for about 60 more candidates. I hope I am one of them.

Will this occur, who knows? It will all be crystal clear come November, when we look back.

I am privy to no special info, just my assessment of the tea leaves as I see them.

I will admit it is hard to make an impartial analysis, when I am very partial to a particular outcome.
                          "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Scout,

So for us 05ers if we are selected at the end of Sept. or early Oct., then they will sched. all the tests? If all checks out good, then we still don't know as to when we will go. Do you have any idea as to how many classes per year they have. I'm wondering if I do get selected will I go as late as Jan? They leave you with alot of unanswered questions, but I guess if your really interested you will be ready when they call.

Comment

Originally posted by dtown View Post
                              Scout,

So for us 05ers if we are selected at the end of Sept. or early Oct., then they will sched. all the tests? If all checks out good, then we still don't know as to when we will go. Do you have any idea as to how many classes per year they have. I'm wondering if I do get selected will I go as late as Jan? They leave you with alot of unanswered questions, but I guess if your really interested you will be ready when they call.
                              When I say 09 or 06, I am referring to year group not grade. I believe you are a 09er, who applied to the GL-5/7 announcement.

That being my assumption. You will get your TO sometime in Sept/Oct. Then scheduled for BI & medicals.

I think there is some urgency to get a suitable number of candidates on the ready list to support the PY goal and the projected classes for Sept, Oct, & Jan. How many classes a year are based on budget? A budget that is not final yet. So there are a lot of rumors floating on how many classes for next year.

This movement is occurring on the Public GL-9 and FCIP announcements. So far there are a number of candidates who were on the first rounds of interviews who are moving at real lighting speed to the ready list, some as fast as 4 weeks. I do not believe this will be the speed of the whole population, just because it is unsustainable. Best case I think we can expect 300 or so agents go to training next year. There is way more agents candidates on all 7 announcements that are feeding this activity then school slots.

So worst case, to set expectations, some of us will be waiting a year or two before we are picked up. Good news is if you get the TO, you will be picked up.

Proof of what I say is there are still 04ers, that is applicants form 2004 still on the ready list. That’s five years of waiting.

Comment

How can someone be on the ready list for five years? It seems that all the med checks and BI would be invalid. Many things can happen in five years. You received your TO quick after your interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4168 users online. 206 members and 3962 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X