300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Criminal Investigator

Anyone apply for the IRS CI opening that closed on 4/13 or has anyone already started the hiring process with the IRS? Any thoughts or opinions on IRS CI and/or their hiring process?

I applied for their CI position that closed a bit ago...heard that I got referred to selecting official...haven't heard anything since then.

Comment

Be ready for a full tax audit, as it's part of their hiring process.
      sigpic

Comment

I applied

I applied to the GL-1811-09 position that closed on 4-13. I also applied to FCIP as a GL-1811-09 with the IRS.
        I have 3 graduate degrees (MBA, MAFM, MPM). I also have 266 hours of fraud training from ACFE.
        I lead a team of 5 investigators that investigate civil procurement issues. I also conducted investigative work in the army (CI/CT).
        I also applied to OIG positions (TIGTA, SIGTARP, DHS, HUD, State Department) USSS, ARMY CID and NOAA OLE.
        I have been found Best Qualified a few times so far, only received one rejection after consideration (DHS OIG).
        "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

I applied to the CI position. I received an email today stating that I met all the qualifications and was placed in Category B. They said I'll be looked at if everyone from Category A is selected or weeded out. What it really means is I'll get an interview only if the people they really want aren't available. I'm like the ugly girl at a bar around closing time.

Comment

What level did you apply at? 5/7/9

What is your back ground? Law enforcement or accounting?

Do you have a Masters degree?

I have not received an email, just trying to calibrate my possible response.
            "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

I applied at a GS9 level. I've been a cop for 13 years and spent some time in narcotics and as a Field Training Officer. I have an Associate Degree in Natural Resources and a Bachelors in Business Management. I applied two weeks ago and already heard back. I was hoping I would rank higher than a Category B.

Comment

I applied for 5/7/9. I have a MBA with emphasis in Accounting and 5+years of accounting experience. No law enforcement experience. I received the email today placing me in Category A.

Comment

Good to see this topic here. I am also trying to enter the IRS as a CI, I only have one year of experience in accounting, so I still have a long way to go. I have an accounting degree and no law enforcement background, best luck to all.
                  There are only two things certain in life. . . Death and taxes

Comment

I also applied for 5/7/9. Got an "A" rating for 5/7 and a "B" for the 9. But I have not heard a word since.

I also have a masters in accounting/taxation and three years experience.

Anyone know what the next step is for this years applicants? I have read alot about a long waiting list. Prior year's applicants going to fletc this summer.

Should I be expecting a 2-3 year wait as well?
                    Thanks!

Comment

I got an email yesterday saying that my interview and PFS test are scheduled for next month? I was suprised at the location of the interview and the distance from my current location. I don't mind traveling but assumed that I would interview at one of the offices closer to my current location. I am also really suprised at how fast the process is moving. Did anyone else get the email?

Comment

No email for me

What time did it come? I am still wishing....

Good luck to you, be sure to come back and tell us all how it went.

Edit: View, did you apply for the announcement that closed April 13?
                        Last edited by bween2; 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeanCounter View Post
                          Good to see this topic here. I am also trying to enter the IRS as a CI, I only have one year of experience in accounting, so I still have a long way to go. I have an accounting degree and no law enforcement background, best luck to all.
                          I'm in category A as well. Has anyone heard anything else yet?

Comment

I got an email on 04-16-2009 stating that I was a category A applicant, being considered for GL-5. I'm kinda bummed out because I didn't get the email everyone's talking about. BD_View, what was the paygrade you are being considered for??

I'll be honest about my stats: I'm a 23 year old who graduated Dec. 2008 with my BS in Accounting. No really impressive professional work experience or anything.
                            ICE SA Applicant

Comment

Originally posted by Remy_LeBeau View Post
                              I got an email on 04-16-2009 stating that I was a category A applicant, being considered for GL-5. I'm kinda bummed out because I didn't get the email everyone's talking about. BD_View, what was the paygrade you are being considered for??

I'll be honest about my stats: I'm a 23 year old who graduated Dec. 2008 with my BS in Accounting. No really impressive professional work experience or anything.
                              Same here, I just have one year experience, which is why I have not applied yet. My plan is to finish up this job and move on to tax accounting, maybe do one year at least then apply. I think that would be much better than applying now. Do you guys think that with 1 year experience I will be seriously considered for a CI position?
                              There are only two things certain in life. . . Death and taxes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8605 users online. 273 members and 8332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X