300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probability of Working NYC/NJ: FBI vs. DEA

hey guys...ive often heard that its pretty easy to get assigned to a NYC/NJ Field Office since most people dont want to work there, but what are your thoughts on which agency would have a greater need for those locations, DEA or FBI? im deep in process with both right now & am at similar timelines, but I really would like to stay in the NYC/NJ area so im wondering what agency would give me a better shot at that. i realize you dont find out where youll be working until halfway through the academy so figured I would do as much HW now as possible. im also in process with ICE but from what ive been told they tell you your field office up front when they make an offer...if only all agencies did that! lol..thanks!

There is never a sure thing but I have heard countless times that with the FBI if you put NYC in your top 5 that is where you will go.

Comment

thanks for the response yes ive heard the same thing...ive also heard that DEA is looking to fill positions in the border area due to the violence in mexico..so that makes me think that DEA will be sending a lot of ppl to the southwest...

Comment

All Fed agencies are beefing up their south west border offices. My agency tells people where they are going when they offer them the job. The last class we had 95% of the graduates went to the sw border.

Keep this in mind about the FBI, you will move offices every 5 years under their "up or out" promotion process.

Comment

thanks for the post, will keep that in mind!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8559 users online. 381 members and 8178 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X