300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agencies with Vision Requirements Over 20/100 Uncorrected

Does anyone know of any agencies that don't have an uncorrected vision requirement of 20/100 or less? My vision is corrected to 20/20 with soft contact lenses, but having uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 is excluding me from applying to many agencies. Any help is appreciated.

are you talking about federal or any LE agencies? Most local agencies, at least here in CA, don't have an uncorrected vision requirement. as long as you're corrected to 20/20 with soft contacts, you're good to go.

worst case scenario, LASIK could be an option if you really want the job.

Comment

I ran in to this. I was just 20/100 (on a good day), so I elected to get LASIK. I'm now corrected to better than 20/20, almost to 20/10.

Comment

Vegas Metro will take 20/20 corrected, as long as you've been wearing soft contacts for six months or longer.

Comment

Check out websites, many places have their vision requirements listed. SFPD and Santa Clara PD both have no uncorrected requirement for soft lenses. San Jose requires minimum 20/200 uncorrected vision.

Of course, your location is listed as NJ, so most of this is probably irrelevant for you. Check your local agencies.

Comment

thanks for everyone's replies, my doc said Lasik is out of the question for me. I'm open to anywhere, I'll have to look into California more

Comment

USBP is 20/100, other DHS may be also.
              trainee

Comment

Originally posted by rucs View Post
                Does anyone know of any agencies that don't have an uncorrected vision requirement of 20/100 or less? My vision is corrected to 20/20 with soft contact lenses, but having uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 is excluding me from applying to many agencies. Any help is appreciated.
                FBI will take you (see in bold):

Vision Requirements
                Special Agent candidates should possess uncorrected visual acuity no worse than 20/200 (Snellen) in each eye, with correction to 20/20 in one eye and at least 20/40 in the other eye. Individuals unable to meet the 20/200 minimum uncorrected acuity may be considered if they provide medical documentation of use of soft contact lenses for at least one year without significant problems or adverse events. If an applicant has had laser eye corrective surgery, a six-month waiting period is required prior to beginning New Agents' Training at the FBI Academy.

Comment

There are tons of agencies that will accept you with vision correctable to 20/20 with contact lenses. As others have said, research a bit.
                  They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10926 users online. 482 members and 10444 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X