300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting several applications in different states

Here’s a little back information, I’m currently deployed to Afghanistan and will be returning in a couple months to Germany. After 90 days I’ll leave Germany and be headed to my first and last state side duty station (unknown at this time). I plan on applying to four different LE jobs (NV, TX, NC) in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone has had past experience with this and would be willing to share stories/tips/advice and any other useful information that might make this process a bit easier and expedient.

Thank you.
    sigpic
    -OEF 08/09-
    Military Police

Do these agencies have an expedited application for out of state or military applications? I've seen some agencies offer a one week process where they do every application step during that week so you only have to travel once. If they don't have such a process I imagine it would be difficult to attend all the steps while working full-time in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bravo View Post
      Here’s a little back information, I’m currently deployed to Afghanistan and will be returning in a couple months to Germany. After 90 days I’ll leave Germany and be headed to my first and last state side duty station (unknown at this time). I plan on applying to four different LE jobs (NV, TX, NC) in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone has had past experience with this and would be willing to share stories/tips/advice and any other useful information that might make this process a bit easier and expedient.

Thank you.
      Do you have an exact ETS date? I ask this since you mentioned returning to the US for your last duty station. Get an exact ETS date and then apply. If you know you will ETS in exactly one year, you can or should start applying at least 6 months out.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

when I was getting out I applied to Federal LE jobs 2 years out and Local LE jobs 1 year out.

Comment

I'll ETS in Nov2010 unless I take terminal leave, I've never read the regulation but I think I can take up to two months of terminal leave. Three of the jobs I'm applying too have an out of state process. Some say I'm starting early and I may be but currently the way things are in Ohio, I'm going to need to move out of state for an LEO job. Plus I've never lived in any other state except ohio, so I'm trying to figure out where I would want to live.
          The departments are:
          Austin, TX PD
          North Las Vegas PD
          Las Vegas Metro PD
          Fayetteville, NC PD

as I do more research on states the more departments I will likely add to the list although those are the top four right now.
          sigpic
          -OEF 08/09-
          Military Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9503 users online. 398 members and 9105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X