300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak Special Agent (IG)

Anyone work in this capacity that is able to share information on the pros and cons of this specific position?

Also, although the position experience refers to "Preferred" experience as having prior LEO experience, can one get hired without LEO experience and if so, does Amtrak pay for training and where would one go for that training?

I already know this position is employment through a private company and not a Fed position.

Thanks in advance.

They would attend CITP along with the IG academy. Most likely will stay within or go to someone with considerable amount of investigative experience.
    Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      They would attend CITP along with the IG academy.
      You sure about that? I could be wrong, but SA's I've met before with Norfolk Southern and other railroad companies sent their agents through a state POST academy, not FLETC (CITP, IG Academy or any other program).
      sigpic

Comment

Yes iam pretty sure since i work for the company. Ig agents are not police officers like my fellow railroad cops.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          Yes iam pretty sure since i work for the company. Ig agents are not police officers like my fellow railroad cops.
          You'd be in a position to know better than I. Guess different RR companies have different training requirements.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
              You'd be in a position to know better than I. Guess different RR companies have different training requirements.
              Its more like a regular 1811 IG agent position. The Amtrak IG reports directly to the president and board of amtrak and is required to testify at congressional hearings and oversights.

Comment

Does anyone know what kind of background AMTRAK OIG conducts and who does it? Is it top secret, secret etc? Thanks

Comment

They do attend CITP and IG Academy. Not sure if they were 1811 or considered federal employees? An acquaintance I know worked for them and then went to DC OIG.
                  ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredAsac1811 View Post
                    Does anyone know what kind of background AMTRAK OIG conducts and who does it? Is it top secret, secret etc? Thanks
                    I dont believe they get a security clearance. They probably have their own BI's or use Amtrak police detectives for BI's.

Originally posted by OIG1811
                    They do attend CITP and IG Academy. Not sure if they were 1811 or considered federal employees? An acquaintance I know worked for them and then went to DC OIG.
                    They do not recieve status as Amtrak is not under the GS system. They have recently started posting positions on USAjobs so they might use the career series.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12445 users online. 429 members and 12016 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X