300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD is hiring

I am Senior Police Officer Mike McCoy. Houston, Texas Police Department. I know with the economy going into a tailspin, many of you are worried that you may not be able to become a police officer anytime soon. I just wanted to let you know that we are hiring and I would like to answer any questions you might have.

Crossover Program?

I do have one question. Does HPD have a crossover program which would take current certified police officers from another state (Florida). My immediate family is in Houston, and eventually I would like to get back there. I am just not too keen on having to attend a another academy.

Comment

Crossover

No, I am sorry, we do not. You will come in at up to 5 year pay, but you will have to attend our academy.
      visit my blog for cool information about HPD at www.hpdcareer.blogspot.com

Comment

Man, really makes me debate moving. Always wanted to live in TX and I cant take the 2-4year process in NYS to become an officer. Literally 100s of applicants for one job.
        Trying to get on in NY...
        PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

I'm pretty happy where I'm at but I am curious what hours do you work on patrol. 4/10 3/12 or 5/8. Also how much, if any OT do you usually have. I've always wondered about Houston. Great cost of living there and your blog is top notch. Good job Officer McCoy.

Comment

i saw that there are 35 paid leave days and it goes up to 60. can you clarify this? are there 35 vacation days a year?

Comment

Come by and visit with me. I would love to speak with you.

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              Nice blog Officer McCoy.

I will be in Houston for business in a few weeks, interested to check out the city.

Comment

15 vacation days along with 20 Physical Fitness Training days equals 35. It's unique and hard to come by in most cities. The 15 days accrue, but you must use the PFT days each year.

Originally posted by k85o911 View Post
                i saw that there are 35 paid leave days and it goes up to 60. can you clarify this? are there 35 vacation days a year?

Comment

Email me

If you have private questions, feel free to email me. You can find my email link at:

www.hpdcareer.blogspot.com

Comment

Do you have any information on how to get into HPD's K9 patrol division?? Im an officer in a town south of Houston, and I have my own k9. What would it take to get hired on with HPD on patrol as a k9 handler? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mmccoy769 View Post
                      15 vacation days along with 20 Physical Fitness Training days equals 35. It's unique and hard to come by in most cities. The 15 days accrue, but you must use the PFT days each year.
                      Can you elaborate on how the PFT days work?

Thanks!

Comment

Does HPD do take-home cars?? I too am an out of state LEO, but when I saw the pay for the academy (32k) I lost interest. But if the bene's make up for it, I'll regain my interest... I like the Houston area alot
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8418 users online. 413 members and 8005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X