300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS Question

I received this email from NCIS. Does anyone know what stage in the process I am at. Thanks !

Dear Applicant,Congratulations, your resume was reviewed favorably and you have been selected to move forward in the NCIS Special Agent Applicant Process. Would you please provide me with the following information? I will then forward your resumeto the appropriate Field Office. The Field Office will then schedule a Screening Board. Gender: Race: SSN: DOB: POB: Middle Name: Address: Phone Number: Thanks!!

That's weird.....wouldn't your resume have your SSN and stuff on it already? I'd just call them directly to give them that info. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting an email like that.
    "Oh oh, the State is here......"

Comment

Get with ROS....he works for NCIS...and should be able to help you out....

Comment

Originally posted by CTRT View Post
        I received this email from NCIS. Does anyone know what stage in the process I am at. Thanks !
        The beginning. You passed the initial application review and it sounds like they are getting ready to setup your panel interview.

Comment

I just received my thanks but no thanks email.
          Based on the self-assessment of your qualifications, you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. However, at this time you were not selected for further consideration. This is a highly competitive position and we encourage you to re-apply to a future posting, currently scheduled for August 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
            I just received my thanks but no thanks email.
            Based on the self-assessment of your qualifications, you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. However, at this time you were not selected for further consideration. This is a highly competitive position and we encourage you to re-apply to a future posting, currently scheduled for August 2009.
            The part in bold is very true, I have coworkers here with very impressive backgrounds prior to being hired by NCIS. Several of us (myself included) had to apply more than once, so if this is an agency you're interested in, don't give up.

JohnnyV, your profiles says you're a police officer, have you looked into obtaining an investigative billet (CID, narcotics, etc.) with your department? Criminal investigative experience makes for very competitive applicants, and may help if you apply again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
              The part in bold is very true, I have coworkers here with very impressive backgrounds prior to being hired by NCIS. Several of us (myself included) had to apply more than once, so if this is an agency you're interested in, don't give up.

JohnnyV, your profiles says you're a police officer, have you looked into obtaining an investigative billet (CID, narcotics, etc.) with your department? Criminal investigative experience makes for very competitive applicants, and may help if you apply again.
              Sent PM.

Comment

Don't feel bad. What Kimble said is true. I applied, and I have a Master's degree and several years of criminal investigative experience with a state agency specializing in fraud, white collar crime, cyber crime, computer forensics, and executive protection. Prior to that I worked for a local PD. I went all the way through the process to the very end and was cut at the final stage last year. I called some guys I know who work there and they told me that they all had to apply more than once. I was also told by a guy who works there that recently they were looking for military background or foreign language in addition to all of the other competitive experience and education. I guess we will try again, I am just waiting for my year mark to come up which will not be long.

Comment

Originally posted by CTRT View Post

Dear Applicant,Congratulations, your resume was reviewed favorably and you have been selected to move forward in the NCIS Special Agent Applicant Process. Would you please provide me with the following information? I will then forward your resumeto the appropriate Field Office. The Field Office will then schedule a Screening Board. Gender: Race: SSN: DOB: POB: Middle Name: Address: Phone Number: Thanks!!
                  You are moving the the three person panel interview. If you pass, the next steps will be med, drug test and BI. Assuming you make it through the BI, you'll be reviewed by a hiring board. Pass that, you are in the hiring pool.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLoDraMa
                    I'd advise going to meet some agents and discuss their resumes. You may find your skill set (in general) isn't as unique as you might think it is.
                    Very true. I remember my first day at FLETC, the day before CITP began was an orientation day for all the NCIS students. We went around and introduced ourselves and sounded off on our past experiences. I remember thinking, "Holy $#!+, how did I get hired with all these people?"

Competition is fierce, but if it's where you want to be, apply again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to disappoint some but I am not part of the good old boy system. I don’t know anyone with NCIS. I have a honourable discharge from the military and 13 years experience as a local Police Officer, Investigator and as a Federal Officer.

Comment

Originally posted by rbakous1
                        Dude, you can't even put together a coherent sentence. Now I really feel retarded.
                        u should

Comment

I just might see you out in the field someday, and I hope you are as bold in person as you are behind your computer. I know it would make for an interesting discussion.
                          I have a feeling you can't pass a BI,so I doubt that will be a problem.

Comment

Dude, you can't even put together a coherent sentence. Now I really feel retarded.
                            How is a statement like this in any way appropriate or constructive? Seriously, what the heck?

NCIS is looking for qualified people, but we need good people. If this is the general attitude you carry with you each day, stick with another agency. Getting moved all over the world can be stressful enough, the last thing we need is people to come into the job with bad attitudes about possible future coworkers.
                            sigpic

Comment

I just got one too. I have B.A. Political Science & M.B.A (3.7 G.P.A.) & a little over 1 year of Military Police Experience through the NG. I also speak a rare middle eastern language fluently. I guess you need to be a part of the "good ole boys" club to work for this agency.
                              The 1811 application process is highly competitive with every agency, and there is a lot of "who you know" to it. There are just so many qualified applicants, that having a friend on the inside put in a good word, can make a huge difference.
                              "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5832 users online. 394 members and 5438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X