300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Dept. of Commerce Police Officer

Did anyone on here apply for the US DOC Police Officer vacancies in Colorado?

Also, has anyone on here ever worked with the DOC Police or know anything about them?

Dommy7,

Just curious, do you have any LEO experience?

Comment

The may help a little with your info concerns ...

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/security/police.html

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/security...e_Service.html

Comment

I have a B.S. degree with a high GPA plus 4 years of military experience. However, I have no LE experience.

Comment

I applied for this position too, I have a BA w/high GPA, 6 yrs Army, and LE experience. I have not heard anything back except for my confirmation emails about my faxes. From the links that were provided seems like this position is kind of like a security detail for gov't property much like FLETC police are... Good luck to all.

Comment

Just a heads up but there has not been a FLETC police agency for over 20 years.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I just call them FLETC police because at FLETC Artesia that is what they are... police for FLETC and they carry. They are glorified security guards. I do think they are contracted, but either way they are police on FLETC grounds and enforce policy and laws on FLETC grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by nvgonu View Post
                I just call them FLETC police because at FLETC Artesia that is what they are... police for FLETC and they carry. They are glorified security guards. I do think they are contracted, but either way they are police on FLETC grounds and enforce policy and laws on FLETC grounds.
                They ARE NOT police officers. They are contracted security and can not make arrests.

Comment

anyone hear anything back on this yet?

Comment

DOC Police Service

1. Jurisdiction
                    a. The Law Enforcement Authority pursuant to 40 USC 1315. It is delegated by the homeland security.
                    1) The statutory authority cited under Federal Law directs the Secretary of Commerce to maintain law and order, and to protect persons and property.
                    2) Here at our facility the DOC Police have concurrent jurisdiction.
                    3) State and Local law enforcement agencies also have authority while on station.
                    4) DOC Police enforce both Fed/State Laws.

b. DOC Police Officers are vested with the same law enforcement powers and authority as any State or Municipal Police Officer.

2. Police Service Structure

a. The police organization consists of a Police Chief, 3 Lieutenants, Dispatch and Contract Guards.

1) This allows for full service of all police functions during normal administrative hours, although DOC Police Officers are available 24 hours 7 a days a week.

2) A minimum of two police officers are on duty at any given time.

3. Training and Education

a. All new DOC Police Officer go through a 16 week training with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, GA.

b. Additionally, all officers continuously train through in-service training.

c. Most of our officers have some type of prior law enforcement experience. Some are retired from the military while others have experience in local law enforcement.

4. Homeland Security Concerns

We host a number of resources that have a role in Homeland Security; therefore, it is everyone’s duty to safeguard these resources. You can help by identifying those individuals who act suspicious by their actions, and interactions around our facilities. Ask yourself, do they look and act like someone who is here on business, or just walking around aimlessly or trying to enter buildings. Take special notice of anyone with a camera taking pictures or drawing a map, both of these actions are prohibited without the expressed permission from the director. During times of heightened security, all DOC employees, Guest Researcher, Contractors, and Contract Employees are required to wear their badges and to have it with them when coming onto DOC property so that they may be visually recognized and checked at the gate. During heightened security as directed by the Office of Homeland Security, all persons and vehicles are subject to identification and search.

orlandofed5-0 this information is form thier web site, it would appear that YOU are wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by masscop346 View Post
                      orlandofed5-0 this information is form thier web site, it would appear that YOU are wrong!
                      Yo....Slick!! Orlando was talking about the folks that police the various FLETC Acadmies around the United States..... NOT DOC Police Officers....

Learn to read before you spout off!!

Comment

Ummm I was talking about the security at FLETC who think they are cops. I had some NIST guys in my class (dont know why they call themselves DoC police since they are apart of NIST and police NIST west).

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                          Ummm I was talking about the security at FLETC who think they are cops.
                          You're nicer than I am....

Chenega Security is the primary contractor for FLETC 5-0.....to include MD, SC, GA, and NM sites.....

I was offered the job of Assistant Project Manager at FLETC NM 2-3 years ago....but opted not to take it due to money and the dredful location....
                          Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-28-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I had one try to give me a field sobriety test when I was walking back from the g bar back in 01. I told him to **** off. Pretty amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                              I had one try to give me a field sobriety test when I was walking back from the g bar back in 01. I told him to **** off. Pretty amusing.
                              It was a different company back then....as Chenega just took the contract over in 07ish....

If that happened and I was in charge....someone would be out in Gynco looking for a new job....as they aren't the Po-Po....

As stated, the money wasn't there....and I just can't picture living in Artesia full-time.....ugh.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8223 users online. 404 members and 7819 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X