Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal age limit

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Federal age limit

    Are there any federal LE jobs that do not fall under the maximum age limit?

  • #2
    There are a lot of Uniformed LE jobs that don't fall under the LE retirement plan such as Pentagon Police, FPS, Dept. of Commerce Police, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Vet Affairs Police, The Bureau of Engraving and Printing, all the LE on Military Installations, GPO Police, etc... Just have to look on usajobs for 0083 positions.

    A lot of the jobs are not tradional police jobs per say, they are more orientated towards force protection which means there are foot posts and walking posts instead of the usual driving around on patrol.

    There are a few 1811 jobs out there that are not under retirement either. The Military, the VA, and several other agencies will hire them from time-to-time. One just has to look at each annoucement and go from there.

    Just depends what you are looking for and where you are located at.

    Good Luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bajakirch View Post
      Are there any federal LE jobs that do not fall under the maximum age limit?
      Pentagon Police, DOD Police, ATF Inspectors, DEA Diversion Investigators,VA Police, FPS officers, FBI Police, USPS Police, US Mint Police, CIA Police, and a bunch more are uncovered positions...as far as I know.

      Comment


      • #4
        Also NOAA-OLE Enforcement Officers, though there are only about 25 in the entire country, I think (most are in Alaska).

        Someone told me you could be a seasonal Park Ranger with NPS, but I'm not sure on that.
        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

        Comment


        • #5
          FERS or CSRS?

          Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
          There are a lot of Uniformed LE jobs that don't fall under the LE retirement plan such as Pentagon Police, FPS, Dept. of Commerce Police, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Vet Affairs Police, The Bureau of Engraving and Printing, all the LE on Military Installations, GPO Police, etc... Just have to look on usajobs for 0083 positions.
          Anyone familiar with the US Mint, GPO, or BEP police know if they are covered under the FERS 1% multiplier or are they under the CSRS which I think has a higher multiplier in reference to retirement benefits?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigHat View Post
            Anyone familiar with the US Mint, GPO, or BEP police know if they are covered under the FERS 1% multiplier or are they under the CSRS which I think has a higher multiplier in reference to retirement benefits?
            Everybody is under FERS. The last people under CSRS were hired in the 80's.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BigHat View Post
              Anyone familiar with the US Mint, GPO, or BEP police know if they are covered under the FERS 1% multiplier or are they under the CSRS which I think has a higher multiplier in reference to retirement benefits?
              When FERS was passed in the 80's all new hires are hired with that retirement scheme. The only reason CSRS is still around is due to the "grandfather" clause and not making people change their retirement mid-career.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

              For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                Also NOAA-OLE Enforcement Officers, though there are only about 25 in the entire country, I think (most are in Alaska).

                Someone told me you could be a seasonal Park Ranger with NPS, but I'm not sure on that.
                NOAA-OLE just got hit pretty hard by a GAO report. One of the big items was the ratio of 1811 to uniformed given the type of work they do. You may see a lot more of the uniformed positions open up in the next couple years. We'll see.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                  Someone told me you could be a seasonal Park Ranger with NPS, but I'm not sure on that.
                  That is correct. There is no upper age limit for seasonal Rangers in the NPS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    U.S. TVA Police

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by guardianagent View Post
                      NOAA-OLE just got hit pretty hard by a GAO report. One of the big items was the ratio of 1811 to uniformed given the type of work they do. You may see a lot more of the uniformed positions open up in the next couple years. We'll see.
                      I know many of the agents want to see more enforcement officers (EO) mainly just to "fly the flag." However many of the bosses don't like EO's one of the reasons is because of them not being covered by 6c. As far as I know there are none in the NE, one in FL, one in Louisiana, two in CA, none in the NW, a couple in the Pacific Islands, and about 12 in Alaska.

                      I got a feeling and hope they open up more EO positions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Every time i think about the federal age limit it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm a currently 39yrs old a police officer with years of experience in law enforcement plus a BA CJS degree along with 12 years in the Marines as a infantry platoon sergeant. That magical number of 37 sucks and can kick rocks. Their are a lot of guys I know from the service and from the private sector that have a lot of experience to offer these agencies. I tell some rookies that will listen that they should go back get their degree an go FED before its to late and they end up in the bone yard like the rest of us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If your a veteran and apply under veterans preferance, the Merit Services Protection Board (the appeals board for federal hiring) made a ruling a few years ago that age cannot be used against you. I don't know how many times it's been applied since the ruling, but it's worth a shot.

                          Here's the ruling: http://www.mspb.gov/netsearch/viewdo...cation=ACROBAT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only agency with 1811s that I know of that changed their hiring practises based off of that ruling was DSS. The age limit for vets at DSS is 40 instead of 37. All the other agencies with an age limit of 37 still have it for vets.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jb74 View Post
                              All the other agencies with an age limit of 37 still have it for vets.
                              Errr....there are other agencies that allow folks to be over the magic age and still apply.... just have to read the annoucement.

                              I just appled for 3 1881 jobs and I am 42.....and the agency specifically said that if you had VEOA status, you could apply....

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11782 users online. 426 members and 11356 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X