300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law School Recruiting

I have heard that the federal agencies who look for law school grads as special agents recruit from certain schools. Is this true? If so, does anyone know which schools? Thanks.

Originally posted by zeoc View Post
    I have heard that the federal agencies who look for law school grads as special agents recruit from certain schools. Is this true? If so, does anyone know which schools? Thanks.
    No. It's not true. A law degree is a law degree is a law degree.

Comment

Chances are, if an agency is recruiting at a particular school, it's because of a combination of reasons, usually along the lines of 1) the agency having a regular program/resources in place for just that purpose, and 2) the local field office having the time and personnel not otherwise engaged in casework to send to a school.

I have never heard of an agency seeking out certain schools over others just because of the school, itself. Could happen, I guess - I just haven't heard of it. But in the litigation-happy world of fed hiring, I can imagine the number of applicants who might claim that they didn't get hired because a certain agency recruited at a rival school and not at theirs. Yeah, it'd be a ridiculous claim to make, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there who wouldn't make it. I think agencies like to avoid as much negative publicity and legal hassles as they can when it comes to hiring.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6247 users online. 207 members and 6040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X