Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats The Straight and Narrow to the FBI/CIA?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also yet to see ANYONE get an entry-level 1811 job based on 'socom'/special forces/high-speed, low-drag military credentials. An 1811 is a "criminal investigator" first and foremost - not an "operator" or other super-secret ninja spy.

FBI tactical recruiting program...Look it up!
    CIA directorate of operations recruits DIRECTLY from socom...This is not up for debate. It is a fact.

Is NOT a LE Agency! They are a Inteligence gathering agency.
    Thanks for the tip. The OP asked about CIA. I know they are not law enforcement.

They DO NOT recruit from PD's.

They do.
    Recruiting is not the same thing as accepting experience. I am saying that that the FBI does NOT go to PD's and RECRUIT (ie. "anyone interested in working for us?")...I am saying that they DO go to certain colleges and RECRUIT. Maybe they didn't do it at yours.

Can't you read?
    Yeah...can you? I answered the post based on my own personal observations (as do most people on this forum). I'm soooooo freakin' sorry that my observations do not jive with yours. I aknowledged your experience in the federal hiring process in an earlier post....Best of luck to the OP...I'm out!
    Last edited by officerdotcomm; 03-03-2009, 08:01 AM. Reason: taking out the hidden message

Comment

CIA directorate of operations recruits DIRECTLY from socom...This is not up for debate. It is a fact.
      These are highly-specialized recruiting initiatives targeting an uber-small group of skilled individuals. The one with the CIA (not really sure why it would apply much on a law enforcement forum to begin with) - has traditionally been so small as to be nearly moot as far as the average Joe on the street attempting to get a government job.

Most importantly, neither path is a "fast track" to either agency as it relates to the OP's inquiry. They're career tracks for people who are at the top of their game in a small, unique field - not a "way in" for someone who's not already in that kind of work. If the OP had this kind of skill set already, I doubt he'd be asking how to get hired on an internet message board. And it's certainly not a skill set that one can go out and acquire JUST to work for one of these agencies.

I still stand by my statement that an 1811 is a criminal investigator first; a secret squirrel second (if that even applies, and for 99.9% of us, it doesn't). Other than the very small window of opportunity, for a very small group, an applicant is still going to have to show that they're qualified to make cases in order to get hired.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by CUFFS137 View Post
        Originally posted by From the fbijobs.com web site
        TRP candidates must understand that they are applying for the SA position first, and must gain at least two years of FBI investigative experience before receiving transfer to HRT. Selection to HRT is not guaranteed. After completing New Agents Training and being assigned to a field office to gain investigative experience, the candidate must compete for a place on HRT by attending a two-week selection course.

http://www.fbijobs.gov/116.asp#2

Learn to read yourself! If one doesn't get the 2 years on as a FBI Field Agent, they don't get to play HRT!! Plus, they have to go through a selection course. Once again, you don't make it, you don't get a spot on the teams.

Perhaps you need to stick to playing local LEO and give advice out there instead of trying to advise what the Feds do?

Yeah...can you? I answered the post based on my own personal observations (as do most people on this forum). I'm soooooo freakin' sorry that my observations do not jive with yours. I aknowledged your experience in the federal hiring process in an earlier post....Best of luck to the OP...I'm out!
        Grow up! Are you like 12-13 years old?
        Last edited by ignignokt373; 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Learn to read yourself! If one doesn't get the 2 years on as a FBI Field Agent, they don't get to play HRT!! Plus, they have to go through a selection course. Once again, you don't make it, you don't get a spot on the teams.
          I was simply using the TRP as an example of the aforementioned agencies recruiting high level socom. I made no mention of the process. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'll bet you are brilliant in the interview room!

Perhaps you need to stick to playing local LEO
          "playing local LEO" Boy! it wasn't too hard to get you to be 'that fed'. You know...the one who make comments like that. Fortunately I interact with enough feds to know that this attitude you display isn't the norm.

Grow up! Are you like 12-13 years old?
          Dude! Are you really that easy. I've heard indoor jobs tend to give cops thin skin. You sound angry. If you don't like people being a smart a** with you on this forum, don't attack people for posting an OPINION. I never questioned your knowledge, experience, or intelligence ("can you read" ring a bell?).
          Feel free to keep going, but it's getting a little boring.

MORTON, sorry to hijack your thread. Listen to the Tiger. Good luck.
          Last edited by CUFFS137; 03-02-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

TRP doesn't just look for socom. If you read the requirements, along with meeting the FBI SA requirments, you need tactical experience. You can come from local, state or federal. Certain military tactical experience is drawn out in the requirements, but right there alongside with full time, and part time for that matter, tactical experience at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
              If you read the requirements, along with meeting the FBI SA requirments, you need tactical experience.
              He's not reading. He's just using what he thinks they want and posting that and it's nice to see others are seeing his mistakes as well.

I'm done with this. If someone wants to get a job with the FBI, heed the advice on folks that are already in the Federal system and not base your thoughts/opinons on someone that has no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
                TRP doesn't just look for socom. If you read the requirements, along with meeting the FBI SA requirments, you need tactical experience. You can come from local, state or federal. Certain military tactical experience is drawn out in the requirements, but right there alongside with full time, and part time for that matter, tactical experience at any level.
                I know several FBI SA's who had absolutley not LE background, let alone "tactical" experience and got hired, simply on their backgrounds. I am guessing my lawyer friend who is an Agent now got his "tactial" exp. from defending criminals...?
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  I know several FBI SA's who had absolutley not LE background, let alone "tactical" experience and got hired, simply on their backgrounds. I am guessing my lawyer friend who is an Agent now got his "tactial" exp. from defending criminals...?
                  They are talking about the Tactical Recruiting Program, not just FBI SAs. In order to qualify for TRP you MUST have tactical experience and 2 years as a SA.

Tactical Experience Requirements

Must have at least 3 years of tactical experience in either law enforcement or the military.
                  Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

After reading through this thread, what I'd like to know is: where does one apply to become a super-secret ninja spy? And would you then be an 1811?
                    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                    -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                      They are talking about the Tactical Recruiting Program, not just FBI SAs. In order to qualify for TRP you MUST have tactical experience and 2 years as a SA.

Tactical Experience Requirements
                      True we were talking about TRP in this case. But the whole discussion started with backgrounds in general......First and foremost in the FBI you're going to be an agent. If you get in to TRP, it certainly doesn't mean you have a future with HRT. You may get a fast track to the try-out, but getting in under TRP doesn't assure anyone a spot on the team.
                      Last edited by manstown; 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

where does one apply to become a super-secret ninja spy?
                        If you really want this job, write your name and address on the back of a hundred-dollar bill and mail it to me .

That includes for the "operator" job, which is a much-overused term that people use to make themselves feel "tactical" and a pet peeve of mine: I used to work for an agency where guys would sometimes refer to themselves in that cotext and, since our mission was nothing like SWAT or anything related, it was far beyond ridiculous. Too many people want to be "special."
                        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                          If you really want this job, write your name and address on the back of a hundred-dollar bill and mail it to me .
                          It's in the mail!
                          “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                          -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Hmmm.

Originally posted by KUAM.Com Web Site
                            Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to Conduct On-Campus Recruitment

When Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 3 – 4:30am
                            Where UOG School of Business & Public Administration Bldg
                            Rm No. 129
                            Note The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to conduct on-campus recruitment at UOG

The University of Guam Career Development Office announces the on-campus-recruitment, information session, and employer presentation by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The Central Intelligence Agency is searching for intelligent and dedicated men and women from a variety of diverse backgrounds to contribute to the national security mission of the United States. A senior executive and a diversity and recruitment manager representing the intelligence service will conduct information sessions to discuss the CIA mission, career, and internship opportunities as well as the employment/security clearance process.

The session will be held on the following dates in the School of Business and Public Administration Building, Room #129:

Tuesday, March 03, 2009
                            3:00-4:30 pm – For UOG Students and Alumni

Wednesday, March 04, 2009-
                            10am-11:30 noon – UOG Students, Alumni and the Public
                            3:00pm-4:30 pm - Open to the Public

Applicants interested in foreign affairs, who enjoy foreign travel, and have an aptitude to learn foreign languages are encouraged to attend this session. All sessions will be held at the SBPA multi purpose room # 129. Attendees MUST reserve their seats in advance by contacting the Career Development office at 734-0739 or via email at uogcdo@yahoo.com. This event is open to the first 100 participants per session.

For more information visit the Career Development Office located on the 2nd Floor UOG Fieldhouse, or contact Leah Beth Naholowaa, UOG Career Placement Officer, at 735-2228.
                            Nothing against the fine folks that attend the U of Guam, but, they aren't quite an Ivy Leauge School nor are they SOCOM. Seems to me they are looking for folks that attend that Univeristy.

So, go back to your SOF Magazine and SOCOM games or learn more about the subject before you post please.

Comment

thread being closed at original poster's request due to complete hijack.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8129 users online. 317 members and 7812 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X