Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0083 federal police officer? What is it?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0083 federal police officer? What is it?

What exactly is a 0083 federal police officer? I tried doing some research.... is it like an 1811? What department would you work for? Came across this 0083 earlier from my buddy.....

WHEN I START MY TOUR OF DUTY, GOD, WHEREVER CRIME MAY BE, AS I WALK THE DARKENED STREETS ALONE, LET ME BE CLOSE TO THEE. PLEASE GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING, WITH BOTH YOUNG AND OLD, LET ME LISTEN WITH ATTENTION, UNTIL THEIR STORY’S TOLD. LET ME NEVER MAKE A JUDGEMENT, IN A RASH OR CALLOUS WAY, BUT LET ME HOLD MY PATIENCE, LET EACH MAN HAVE HIS SAY. LORD, IF SOME DARK AND DREARY NIGHT, I MUST GIVE MY LIFE, LORD WITH YOUR EVERLASTING LOVE, PROTECT THE LOVED ONES IN MY LIFE.

0083 is a uniformed police officer. Usually employed by the VA, Army, Navy, BIA, Smithsonian, US Mint, IRS, USSS UD, and several others.

Go to USAJOBS and do a series search for 0083.
    http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/jobsear...=0&SUBMIT1.y=0

Comment

Are you Army or Marine Corps? Your signature implies both...

Comment

This series encompasses uniformed police officers and detectives though the announcement will specify which. Detectives will investigate non-felony crimes within the PD jurisdiciton. 1811s and sometimes 1810/1801 investigators working w/ MCIO 1811s will investigate felony level crimes within DoD jurisdiction and/or affecting DoD interests.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLoDraMa View Post
          This series encompasses uniformed police officers and detectives though the announcement will specify which. Detectives will investigate non-felony crimes within the PD jurisdiciton. 1811s and sometimes 1810/1801 investigators working w/ MCIO 1811s will investigate felony level crimes within DoD jurisdiction and/or affecting DoD interests.
          Umm.. I know many 0083 detectives who investigate felonies. hell NCIS doesnt even take a case any longer if it is under 10k. Also detectives in USPP do major felony investigations to include homicides and such.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I am a 0083 i work for the Dep of the navy we do the samething MP's do we have VERY limited jursdiction.

Comment

Originally posted by no1099'shere View Post
              What exactly is a 0083 federal police officer? I tried doing some research.... is it like an 1811? What department would you work for? Came across this 0083 earlier from my buddy.....
              It really depends on the agency you were to apply with/get hired by. Many of them, though not all, are security-based positions at various federal facilities. US Park Police, on the other hand, is a full-service police department with uniformed officers, detectives, etc. Just dig through the website of whatever agency interests you and you'll be able to find out information about what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSchwoe
                No doubt Navy civilian detectives work felonly cases, but your other statement about NCIS not taking cases under $10k is completely untrue. I've got cases on my desk to prove it that are less than half that amount, and have worked cases for about a quarter of that amount.
                I think he was trying to say that a case doesn't get on your desk unless it requires some in depth investigation, or has special considerations involved. NCIS has lots of taskings lately, so the smaller cases that used to be handled by NCIS are getting handled by the CCI's.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5242 users online. 227 members and 5015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X