300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear SPO

Does anyone have any info on getting hired as a nuclear SPO? Im looking at applying to some facilities and labs when I near the end of my degree program, its just hard to find info on these positions. Hopefully I can get hired on at Pantex on their Pro Force. Any info would be appreciated!

Rakkasan,

You do not have to have a degree to obtain a DOE SPO position, unless you do not have military (Combat Arms, Military Police, Security Forces, etc) or law enforcement experience (minimum 2 years).

In order to find the positions, start searching the lab/weapon’s facilities websites.

For Y-12 or the Oak Ridge National Laboratory:

www.wackenhut-oakridge.com . There are no open positions for SPOs at this time.

Pantex- Hired directly through the site’s prime contractor:

www.pantex.com

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory- used to be hired directly through the lab; however, I was advised that LLNL would start to use a security contractor soon (may already be in place):

www.llnl.gov

Basic Requirements:

1. 21 years of age
    2. Ability to run 1 mile in 8.5 minutes; 40 yard dash in 8 seconds (starting from the prone position). Annual recertification- no change in time requirements based on age or gender.
    3. Ability to obtain/maintain a DOE “Q” clearance (top secret) and depending upon the site (location), participate in the DOE Human Reliability Program (drug and alcohol testing, annual physical and psychological, counterintelligence related polygraph).
    4. Ability to complete a 10 week Basic Security Police Officer Training course and bi-annual re-qualification with: semiautomatic handgun; M4 Carbine; and site specific weapons (advanced systems).
    5. Ability (if required) to obtain SRT certification-based on seniority and available positions.

If you have bad credit, obtaining a “Q” is difficult and may hinder the hiring process. The structure is paramilitary with emphasis on “physical security”. Average salary ranges from $65,000.00- $90,000.00 (includes shift differential, holiday pay, Physical Fitness, training, etc). Great job, but you are not on site to “chase” criminals.

Comment

Thanks for the info SRT lt, I pm'ed you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5896 users online. 196 members and 5700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X