300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a chance?

I figured this would be a good spot to get some advice on if I stand a chance or not. As far as all the minimum requirements go for most law enforcement jobs I meet and exceed them. My only problem is when I was 17 I enlisted in the Marines and was sent home from basic after only 6 weeks with a case of depression and failure to adapt. I never saw a therapist and I am fine. At the time I just quit on myself and told them I was depressed, and they sent me home.

There are no excuses for my actions and I am not trying to make any. It was a mistake I made, and I am just wondering if this has ruined any chance I had in a law enforcement career, either state or federal. I want to have a career in law enforcement to serve my country and make up for my mistake. Has anyone encountered a situation like this before? Any idea if I have a shot or should I not even bother?

I just have an entry level separation for entry level performance. It does not saying anything else about depression or anything like that. My DD-214 says RE-3F, which means erroneous enlistment.

Thank you for any advice.

All you can do is apply and see. No one can tell you if you do or don't have a chance. To many things involved. I will say that most will ask for a DD-214 and require a Honorable Discharge. I know if you have a General Discharge you can appeal it after 6 months and get it changed to a Honorable. But as for what you have....not sure. But no one on here can tell you. The only way to really get the answer is to call a recruiter or apply.

Comment

How old are you now and have you been put in high stress situations since you were 17? If so have you adapted to them successfully?

Comment

I think it might be a good idea to see a therapist to get a clearance from him, which says that everything is good to go. I think it shows initiative on your part as well. That's just my opinion. Good luck

Comment

Thank you for the responses. SHU, I sent you a private message.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9306 users online. 380 members and 8926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X