300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuequerque Police

Hey guys. Looking for any information about ABQ NM Police. Been to there website which has good information. Just looking for anyone with info from here.
    I'm certified LEO in NJ looking to transfer. Thanks for the input!!
    Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Of the ones I knew good group of guys and lots of action!! If I were to be a city Cop that would be the place!!

Comment

Go to FL it seems like everyone else from NJ/NY is. Can I have your spot in Jersey? I miss living there.

Comment

Apd

NJ South,

Very squared away agency with lots of work. Full time SWAT, K-9, etc. The department did have a 20 year retirement package with decent benefits. The department's tactical officers (SWAT and narcotics) have secured some off-duty employment gigs with the DOE National Training Center (firearms, breaching, tactics instructors- picked up what LAPD started over 20 years ago when they were developing the DOE SRT program).

The city is not the greatest place to live. High crime rate, lower than average schools, etc. (according to the APD officers that I met during training). There are several areas to the North of ABQ that are popular with those who choose to live within the city limits. Some years ago, the suburbs outside of the city were very expensive. Plus you are in living the desert.

Good Luck...............

Comment

Copy that....

Thanks. I have been out to Socorro and Deming for training and stayed in Albeuquerque and loved the place.

Maybesomeday...U can have it buddy...lol I'm in South Jersey where its still green and you can breathe but it won't last forever. And YES, I'm also looking at several SW FL agencies...lol
          Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by SRT Lt View Post
            NJ South,

Very squared away agency with lots of work. Full time SWAT, K-9, etc. The department did have a 20 year retirement package with decent benefits. The department's tactical officers (SWAT and narcotics) have secured some off-duty employment gigs with the DOE National Training Center (firearms, breaching, tactics instructors- picked up what LAPD started over 20 years ago when they were developing the DOE SRT program).

The city is not the greatest place to live. High crime rate, lower than average schools, etc. (according to the APD officers that I met during training). There are several areas to the North of ABQ that are popular with those who choose to live within the city limits. Some years ago, the suburbs outside of the city were very expensive. Plus you are in living the desert.

Good Luck...............
            Sounds alot like LVMPD.I've heard nothing but good things about APD.

Comment

jersey, I was stationed at Mcguire AFB. By green do you mean the pine barrens? Tell your Sgt. you found a replacement haha.

Comment

What are the politics like in ABQ? Does the city (public, politicians) lean to the right or left? Is the dept your typical good ole boys club or are they more fair?
                "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." --Dave Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by maybesomeday View Post
                  jersey, I was stationed at Mcguire AFB. By green do you mean the pine barrens? Tell your Sgt. you found a replacement haha.

McGuire is a nice base. I'm about 50 minutes SE. I'm about 20 Minutes outside of Philadelphia. Still have acres and horses here. NJ policing is GARBAGE now and days. ALL politics all politically correct. You get sued for everything here. Just beat my sixth in 20 years. Not heading in a good direction either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 214 members and 5685 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X