Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re:

Originally posted by TJMS81 View Post
    DARE, I may have to disagree with you on the age. Of the 5 officers in my class from TVAP, only one is younger than 30. Two of them are 36 and 37.

Is it possible that people are actually being hired on their merits rather than some conspiracy to hire a certain age bracket? Officers, with any agency, are hired by staff from that particular location. Some supervisors may have that sort of agenda in mind, I know that happens, but branding a whole agency with a label like that seems to be naive and unprofessional.
    I would think hiring a college graduate compared to someone with police experience would cost the same financially. If TVA requires everyone to have FLETC UPTP certification which is different from state and local then only federal laterals would be accepted right?? UPTP has a lot of security based training mixed in with police. I could be completely wrong about them requiring everyone to attend FLETC so disregard if I am!

Comment

re:

Originally posted by Mr_G View Post
      Well, I forgot to come back and post my post-interview impressions. However, it obviously must have went better than I thought because I was invited back for the oral board and a written test. The crazy thing is it's all on the same day! It's going to be a very tiring and nerve-racking experience, but here's hoping for the best.

I'm already further along than I initially thought I'd be! A good attitude and enthusiasm will get you a long way.
      Mr. G if you are interested in an agency like TVA that has more of a protective based mission I would also check out:

United States Capitol Police
      United States Park Police
      United States Secret Service Uniform Division
      Pentagon Force Protection Agency

Out of those 4 Park Police is the closest to actual police work while the other 3 have a protective mission first and policing depends on where you are assigned. If you have any questions just send me a message.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 2themax45 View Post
        I would think hiring a college graduate compared to someone with police experience would cost the same financially. If TVA requires everyone to have FLETC UPTP certification which is different from state and local then only federal laterals would be accepted right?? UPTP has a lot of security based training mixed in with police. I could be completely wrong about them requiring everyone to attend FLETC so disregard if I am!
        CORRECTION........................................ ...

TVA POLICE goes to FLETC for LMPT (land Management police Training)
        Not UPTP...

TVAP will send all new hire to FLETC no matter your background unless you have been through LMPT.

US Forest Service
        Bureua of Land Management
        US Fish and Wildlife
        National Park Service
        Tennessee Valley Authority Police

These are the department that make up the Land Management program.

United states park police at one time was LMPT but I could be mistaken, I think they transferred over to the UPTP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11365 users online. 447 members and 10918 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X