300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol off-duty weapon?

Does Border patrol agents normally carry off-duty weapons or that's not as normal as with police officers?

It's every bit as much a personal choice with Border Patrol Agents as it is with other LEOs. The rules and regs that cover it as far as the BP is concerned will be introduced to you at the Academy, and hammered home in your Field Training Unit.

Comment

You can pack whatever weapon you want off duty, but you get more backing from the service in the event of a shooting if you were packin' your duty weapon (.40 S&W H&K P2000).

If you landed a great job being paid to drive a nice car around town, why would you drive your POV (personally owned vehicle) off duty if you could take the company car that has free gas and insurance on it?

Comment

Huh???

Oh I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU View Post
          You can pack whatever weapon you want off duty, but you get more backing from the service in the event of a shooting if you were packin' your duty weapon (.40 S&W H&K P2000).

If you landed a great job being paid to drive a nice car around town, why would you drive your POV (personally owned vehicle) off duty if you could take the company car that has free gas and insurance on it?

And that says it all. Especially the part about insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU View Post
            You are only partially correct sir. You need to be more careful in what you put out to prospective and new Agents. If you want me to elaborate, then you need to PM me. If you're carrying a non duty weapon on your creds, then you're asking to be fired.

Comment

This is correct! You cannot carry anything other than your issued firearm. If you do you do so as a citizen and not an Agent. If it turns out that you do and its a "good shoot" then the BP will give you a pat on the back. The opposite applies.

Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
              You are only partially correct sir. You need to be more careful in what you put out to prospective and new Agents. If you want me to elaborate, then you need to PM me. If you're carrying a non duty weapon on your creds, then you're asking to be fired.
              Current FED LEO

ICE SA
              Summer 09 Test passed
              Sent in packet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7049 users online. 360 members and 6689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X