Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyco

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Glyco

    Have done a bit of searching on the forums...but have come up short on finding what I'm looking for.

    What items do you recommend we do NOT bring to GLYCO?
    What items should we bring? (other than car & bugspray)



    Are clothes issued while at the facility?
    Do I have to bring my suit? (I only have one, should I get another?)
    Do I have to buy my own boots/shoes?


    In the rooms.... Are linens provided? (pillows, sheets, towels)

    For class...should I bring my own notebooks?




    And, this is all for the USSS UD if that changes anything.

    Drop me a PM if you wish to respond that way.

    Thankyou for your help.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NY8739JR View Post
    Have done a bit of searching on the forums...but have come up short on finding what I'm looking for.

    What items do you recommend we do NOT bring to GLYCO?
    What items should we bring? (other than car & bugspray)



    Are clothes issued while at the facility?
    Do I have to bring my suit? (I only have one, should I get another?)
    Do I have to buy my own boots/shoes?


    In the rooms.... Are linens provided? (pillows, sheets, towels)

    For class...should I bring my own notebooks?




    And, this is all for the USSS UD if that changes anything.

    Drop me a PM if you wish to respond that way.

    Thankyou for your help.
    The FLETC website gives you a list of everything you need to bring or have while at GLYNCO. However a short answer to all your questions is yes, everything you mentioned would be provided and yes, bring your suit. I am not sure about boots or shoes, depends on the agency if they will provide them, but I believe they will purchase some for you.
    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FPS1588 View Post
      The FLETC website gives you a list of everything you need to bring or have while at GLYNCO.

      I didnt even think to check there...Thank you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NY8739JR View Post
        I didnt even think to check there...Thank you!
        btw when i went down their our class coordinator said the area around glynco was very high in HIV...

        Comment


        • #5
          Same goes for areas around Military Installations. However majority of the FLETC instructors live in and around Glynco...

          NY, your future agency should give you some info on what to take with you, however there are a few threads on here, if you search that have details for what and what not to bring. Good luck!
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

          Comment


          • #6
            FLETC gives you maid service every morning so you don't need linens. Boots/Shoes are agency specific, and the UD folks in my class all had to buy their own boots. They're jealous of our agency provided 5.11's

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dtown101 View Post
              btw when i went down their our class coordinator said the area around glynco was very high in HIV...
              They are just trying to scare you. When I was there a number of years back they said the same thing. Surely their are some skankly women around there but you are going to find a lot more hiv in NYC or SF than around Fletc. And unless you are having annal intercourse with a women or man or shooting up, I don't think the average person is going to have much to worry about. Be sure to check out the cop bar that have in town. Its great.
              Last edited by SHU; 02-08-2009, 06:48 AM. Reason: my tapeworm told me too

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SHU View Post
                They are just trying to scare you. When I was there a number of years back they said the same thing. Surely their are some skankly women around their but you are going to find a lot more hiv in NYC or SF than around Fletc. And unless you are having annal intercourse with a women or man or shooting up, I don't think the average person is going to have much to worry about. Be sure to check out the cop bar that have in town. Its great.
                I heard that proportionately (population-wise) that area has among the highest HIV rates in the country. If you cannot resist the urge ... double bag it!
                They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                  I heard that proportionately (population-wise) that area has among the highest HIV rates in the country. If you cannot resist the urge ... double bag it!

                  Well, Im not a male...but I will still be careful

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                    I heard that proportionately (population-wise) that area has among the highest HIV rates in the country. If you cannot resist the urge ... double bag it!
                    Ahh don’t double up!!

                    Don’t you know that 2 condoms are more likely to break than one? The friction causes them to tear!!!
                    Virginia Beach Police Dept. (First choice)

                    05-2-09 Applied

                    09-17-09 Written/Physical/B-Pad


                    Hanover County Sheriff’s Dept.

                    01-13-09 Applied

                    Hiring freeze for two years??


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                      I heard that proportionately (population-wise) that area has among the highest HIV rates in the country. If you cannot resist the urge ... double bag it!
                      Hook up with some of the lovelies at the red carpet cafe?
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cafe Risque is where its at....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by iluvpopo View Post
                          Ahh don’t double up!!

                          Don’t you know that 2 condoms are more likely to break than one? The friction causes them to tear!!!
                          I never said two condoms. One "bag" for one place and another for a second place.

                          Then pray that neither one breaks.
                          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                            Cafe Risque is where its at....
                            refresh my memory but isnt that the place where you eat and the waitress serves you without a top on??? too funny

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Public Health and Census info says Glynn County has an infection rate of 279 per 100,000 people (189 cases/67,569 residents)

                              Comparing with other cities/areas:
                              Miami: 41.9
                              Baltimore: 37.7
                              Washington, D.C.: 31.8
                              Baton Rouge, La.: 30.1
                              New York City: 29.2
                              Columbia, S.C.: 28.0
                              Memphis, Tenn.: 27.1
                              New Orleans: 26.4
                              Orlando, Fla.: 26.4
                              Jacksonville, Fla.: 24.6

                              New York State: 759
                              California: 360

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6464 users online. 273 members and 6191 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X