300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epa Cid

Anyone know much about the organization? Looks like they are posting GS-9/11, general vacancy announcements for numerous cities. The posting are only open until Friday, Feb 6th.

Any thoughts or impressions would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for an opportunity to get into federal LE, preferably with an OIG, and this seems like comparable work.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

I have worked with EPA-CID. They're more of a natural resource agency than anything like an IG shop. There are similarities, such as the fact that like many IG's, their cases tend to involve a lot of document analysis/paper and many of them end up going civil instead of criminal, but that's where it stops. Unlike some IG's, EPA treats all of their cases as potential criminal cases from the git-go, which is the way it should be. Even when an EPA case goes civil, it still usually inviolves major damage to the environment it often means a BIG penalty for the subject/company, so their cases are no joke. They investigate a lot of violations of the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and things having to do with illegally transporting hazardous waste. A couple agents I know have biology/science backgrounds, but others do not. They also work very closely with their own scientists. Around here, they do a lot with the USCG.

Seems like a good outfit to me.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Read all the previous threads before I posted. Thanks, though.
      "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7440 users online. 379 members and 7061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X