Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Fish and WIldlife Officer openings...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Fish and WIldlife Officer openings...

I got this today from them:

77000327-51157373-20090126101058 -- LAW ENFORCEMENT
    Agency: FWC - Fish&Wildlife Cons Comm
    OCCUPATION PROFILE
    Working Title: LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    Broadband/Class Level: LAW ENFORCEMENT - Level 1
    Broadband/Class Code: 33-3051-01 Pay Grade/Pay Band: BB008
    Position Number: 77000327 Closing Date: 6/30/2009
    Annual Salary Range: 31,879
    Announcement Type: Open Competitive
    Facility:

DESCRIPTION:
    *****OPEN / COMPETITIVE OPPORTUNITY*****
    FLORIDA FISH & WILDLIFE CONSERVATION COMMISSION
    DIVISION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT
    LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER / STATEWIDE
    GENERAL STATEMENT
    Where can hard work be so much fun? Florida…naturally. FWC officers work and patrol in Florida’s woods, and on all waters protecting Florida’s boaters, and fish and wildlife resources. They patrol using ATVs, 4x4 vehicles, boats, to include airboats, and large off-shore vessels, and fixed wing and helicopter aircraft. This is not an 8-5 job, but rather one that is flexible. FWC Officers work in country where most people only vacation.
    Yes... this is your office.
    An FWC officer’s primary duty is to enforce boating, fish and wildlife laws and to investigate serious boating and wildlife crimes. They work with landowners to minimize and resolve problems and they have hundreds of contacts yearly with the public including sportsmen, landowners, and other citizens where they inform and educate about boating, wildlife and conservation law enforcement.
    FWC officer’s are a constituted law enforcement officer (pursuant to 379, F.S.) subject to call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, requiring the regular bearing of firearms with powers of arrest.
    PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
    Must pass a Cooper physical fitness test consisting of a vertical jump, timed sit-ups, push-ups and a mile-and-a-half run. Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously without stopping or resting.
    MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
    Must pass a thorough medical examination, including drug screening, by a licensed physician at your expense.
    Unaided vision shall not be less than 20/200 in each eye and shall be corrected to 20/20; field of vision must be 160 degrees; must have the ability to distinguish primary colors, must not be red/green deficient and have binocular vision; must not have double vision, lack of depth perception or other chronic eye disorders that affects normal vision.
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    Must be 19 years of age
    Be a US Citizen
    Have a High school Diploma or GED and one of the subsequent: 2 years military experience; 2 years public contact experience; 1 year sworn law enforcement experience; 30 semester / 45 quarter hours at an accredited college of university
    Have a valid Florida driver’s license with no more than four moving violations within the last three years
    Have not been convicted of any felony or any misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement
    Have not been dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the US
    Have good moral character
    If you are not a certified law enforcement officer, you must pass a T.A.B.E. test (evaluates educational levels in reading comprehensive, math and language skills)
    If you are not a certified law enforcement officer, you must pass a FBAT or CJBAT test (predicts a person’s ability to perform as a recruit)
    Applicants who meet the above criteria and pass the physical fitness assessment will be eligible to advance to the final stage of the recruitment process that includes an oral interview, physical and eye exam, psychological evaluation and a full background investigation.
    Submit electronic applications through People First. To obtain additional information, please call 1-866-FWC-HIRE (1-866-392-4473) or write the FWC Academy at 75 College Drive Ste. 102, Havana, FL 32333.
    The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
    Veterans' preference will be given to eligible veterans and their spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes.

Go to https://jobs.myflorida.com to update your job profile or to stop receiving these e-mails.
    Sincerely,
    People First Service Center
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

It says Tittusville and then any location in FL. Which one is it?

Comment

Statement removed by owner
      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Fl FWC

Has anyone heard anything back on this position after applying for it? I applied for this position at the end of January and haven't heard anything yet. I have applied for this same position 2 other times in the past and the application process was all screwed up. They tell you to apply electronically and the 2 previous times they send me a paper application. The first time, by the time they sent it out to me I was not able to send it out on time, 2nd time I get it in and then it gets lost in lala land, I contact them and even though they have my electronic app, they have no idea where my paper one is and I receive no further consideration. This time around same thing again, submit electronically, and I'm a little surprised they haven't contacted me in any way. I did try to call a week ago and it says to leave a message with your regional recruiter.... yeah, I don't think they really keep up with that stuff. If anyone has any enlightening news on this position it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8105 users online. 315 members and 7790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X