Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking the POST Test - Book recommendations?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the POST Test - Book recommendations?

Hey guys, I'll be taking the POST test for San Bernardino County Sheriffs and I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on study guides or a book that I could purchase to prepare me for the test.

Thanks!

Coloring book?
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
      Coloring book?
      Anything else besides a "coloring book"....?
      Last edited by JoeJimenez; 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJimenez View Post
        Anything else besides a "coloring book"....?

Crayons and/or markers!

you can do a book seach on police test but not really needed.

Comment

Thanks for the serious replies!

Comment

I spent $30 on a book for the POST and it was a waste of money!!!!! I took the test this past weekend for a federal agency and you really need to be a moron to fail it. I am bad with math, but I can tell you I probably got 100 on the math portion! it was that simple. example: (this is not a question on the test) bob was on a trip and lost his luggage. he lost a watch valued at $300, a walkman valued at $50 and a ring valued at $200. how much in total was lost? It was kind of scary how simple it was. If you still feel you need a book, you can buy mine for $25!!!
            You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

Comment

Seriously there are no real books for the California POST, it is not to test your knowledge, it is to test your reasoning/attitude/personality. For the only thing you can prepare or practice is for writing, since you need to be able to write clearly and concisely, with very little to no spelling/grammar errors.
              So,
              as long as you have the right mindset to be a Police Officer, and you can write clearly, you will be fine.

Good Luck!
              Last edited by yoda; 01-27-2009, 12:25 PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6184 users online. 229 members and 5955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X