Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bail bondsman vs. Police Officer

Alright guys,

I have a friend that knows someone that is a certified bail bonds man and he is an officer too.

Ok first thought: One job you actually arrest, protect and serve vs. the other, you’re attempting to make some type of arrangements to help them get out on bond......

Can someone help me understand how the two tie into one another? That appears to me contradicting itself

Wouldn’t this be going against an something?
    Last edited by Tline; 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM.

I would be highly suspicious of that story. Certainly not possible here in WI, as we don't have bailbond companies. But it would seem having a foot in both careers would open up the possibility for a lot of problems.

If it is true, I have to doubt that an officer could work in the same community where he may also be a bail bondsman.

Comment

Doesn't sound like a true story. I find it hard to believe that any LE agency would not find this as a conflict of interest. The only way I could see this happening was if he failed to inform his agency of his side business. And it would have to be out of his local jurisdiction. How could he show up to the local jail he locks people up in and post someones bond?
      Does he lock up suspects then slip them a business card during booking?
      sigpic Bet they got a ticket for obstructing the rear window. God Bless America!

Comment

Originally posted by Tline View Post
        Alright guys,

I have a friend that knows someone that is a certified bail bonds man and he is an officer too.

Ok first thought: One job you actually arrest, protect and serve vs. the other, you’re attempting to make some type of arrangements to help them get out on bond......

Can someone help me understand how the two tie into one another? That appears to me contradicting itself

Wouldn’t this be going against an something?
        Most departments have it written to policy that you can't work any side jobs that would be in conflict with your position as a police officer. I know that bailbondsman is one of those jobs. Even if the law doesn't prohibit it, most police departments SOP's will prohibit it.
        God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Specifically prohibited at my agency as well.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

those are my thoughts exactly, when I was told that, I decided to post a thread to find out how was that possible at all.

Comment

This is a amazing conflict of interest. Can't imagine how this is the truth. Bail Bondsman are dirt bags, from most of my experiences with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5867 users online. 212 members and 5655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X