300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bortac??

I heard that this special unit from the border patrol is one of the best "SWAT" teams in the nation. Is that true? or most federal special response teams are about the same? DEA, FBI, Secret service, Etc.
    Thank You>.

ESCARLATA,

I believe they all say that but the truth is they all have very different mission except of course high risk warrant service. USSS tact team is responsible for PSO support for the most part, DEA-ATF-USMS are pretty mush for high risk warrant service. FBI-HRT is responsible for high risk warrant service, hostage rescue, PSO support and counter terrorism operations.

They are all pretty good at what they do.........
    "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
    German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

There's no real way to rank the "best" SWAT/special ops team. The high profile ones (FBI-HRT, BORTAC, NYPD ESU, etc.) are all well-respected, but there are many others at lesser known agencies that can get the job done just the same.
      Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

The best Tactical Team is whichever one saves your butt.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

I'm the guy with the yellow shooting glasses.

Bearcat357 is to my left with the Barrett...

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
            Bearcat357 is UGLY
            But look at those kneepads!

Comment

I suggest picking up and reading the book "On the Line: Inside the US Border Patrol" by Erich Krauss. It's a very insightful book about the BP and it describes the training that BORTAC team members have to go through, which is definitely tough. Does that make it the best SWAT team out there? Well, that's up for debate. Definitely read the book.

Comment

You don't see some of those other units in South America and the Middle East...

Comment

RUNNER4LIFE

I did and really impressed me, that's why Im asking this question in this forum to see if anybody knows if other Federal SRT goes through the same process or even harder.
                  Last edited by ESCARLATA; 01-23-2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing

Comment

From some of the guys I work with I can tell you that USMS SOG is no walk in the park. Not trying to start a who's who here, but all have to go through difficult training. The SWAT training I went through was no walk in the park. Some of the stuff they had us do....well.......I can only say it was sadistic and with out a doubt you have to be just as mentally fit as you do physically. All of these units serve a great purpose.
                    Last edited by manstown; 01-23-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                      Bearcat357 is to my left with the Barrett...
                      A. Bearcat likes the weapon....

B. Bearcat's hair hasn't ever been that long....nor does have that much hair...so it can't be him...

C. Bearcat needs to get kneepads like that so he can use them to find a better paying job....

Comment

Well training is training but experience is different. The Combined Arms Group, AKA Delta, is the best in the world, hands down. They have very demanding training but more importantly have been taking down the baddest of the bad day in and day out since the war kicked off. Now, if you say they dont count think about FBI HRT. They are doing 3 month deployments to Baghdad were they are running snatch missions with SOF daily. Once again not trying to argue b/c I agree raiding crack houses day in and day out is insane but rolling with JAM, Al Quieda, Badar Corps, etc. is a little different. I don't recall crack heads using suicide bombers on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ELCID02 View Post
                          Well training is training but experience is different. The Combined Arms Group, AKA Delta, is the best in the world, hands down. They have very demanding training but more importantly have been taking down the baddest of the bad day in and day out since the war kicked off. Now, if you say they dont count think about FBI HRT. They are doing 3 month deployments to Baghdad were they are running snatch missions with SOF daily. Once again not trying to argue b/c I agree raiding crack houses day in and day out is insane but rolling with JAM, Al Quieda, Badar Corps, etc. is a little different. I don't recall crack heads using suicide bombers on a daily basis.
                          Don't give 'em any ideas! lol

Comment

Well training is training but experience is different. The Combined Arms Group, AKA Delta, is the best in the world, hands down.
                            Yes, they are badasses, but I think you mean the Combat Applications Group, not the combined arms group.

M-11
                            “All men dream...... But not equally..
                            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

How about MSD for diplomatic security service?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11260 users online. 460 members and 10800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X