300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get started?

I am wanting to get the ball rolling on getting a career as a police officer. Only problem is I have no idea where to start. I dont know what classes in school I should take, where to apply and with whom.

Also, how much does your driving record, and background (i.e. Jobs) factor in?

I am currently a professional poker player but really want to be a cop. Like I've seen in other threads, its not about the money. It is actually going to be a very substantial drop in my hourly rate to become a police officer, but its a dream of mine. Im 23 as well.

So what do I do?

Originally posted by ROSchwoe

If you want to become a cop, apply. If you want to be a poker player, keep playing. It's that simple, but none of us here are financial advisors to help you with your lifestyle on a different salary.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't asking for financial advice, Im good in that department. I just meant what do I do to get started.

My driving record isn't great. I have a driving while suspended ticket on record (about three years ago). Im sure the reason for the ticket doesn't make a difference. Does that make it a no go? If I keep a clean record for a few years would that make any difference?

I could just go to my local department and apply?! With no schooling or prior experience?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10088 users online. 428 members and 9660 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X